WW DG Ops,Risk Mgr, Amazon Air Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and to grow in a safe environment for both our Customers and our Associates. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, dynamic and passionate people.
The Dangerous Goods (DG) team is looking for a motivated Risk Manager with operational knowledge, analytical and communication capabilities, and a hands-on passion to dive-deep into processes to support Amazon’s growth in a safe environment for customers, partners and associates and retail teams.
This Risk Manager will be responsible for supporting process development, continuous improvement, and technology integration for the transportation of DG across Amazon AIR and international team. The role requires the ability to work cross-functionally across Amazon Air, operational and technical teams, to ensure the safety of our Customers, associates and carrier partners by delivering innovative solutions for the safe and compliant transportation of DG.
This role will represent DG risk management programs to internal and external parties alongside building relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, industry associations, and alliance partners to promote and advocate Amazon’s commitment to safety excellence
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work across senior levels of leadership in multiple organizations to align on policy and proposed controls, as well as deliver at a high bar for quality. This Risk Manager will demonstrate excellent judgment, communication skills, instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies.
- Drives scalable solutions to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Engages, across organisations, with leadership to design compliance controls, best-in-class processes and systems, and drives continual improvement.
- Makes recommendations to senior management on opportunities for organisational and business-level risk mitigation regarding compliance.
- Maintains subject matter expertise and current industry knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends, regulatory requirements and on impact to business strategic roadmap.
- Earns trust of business partners by proactively engaging in order to understand business plans and providing support aligned with the business roadmap and deliverables.
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with regulators and industry trade bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, safety, environmental, business, operations management, or related field
- 5+ years of developing or managing complex logistical or operational processes
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Highly organized, detail oriented, data driven, self-starting, and comfortable with business software
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA