Wheelchair Dispatcher Job at Global Aviation Services in San Diego, CA
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will provide prompt and efficient service to our airline clients and their passengers requiring wheelchair assistance by performing the following duties:
- Take calls from airlines for requests for employee coverage
- Schedule employee shifts to ensure appropriate coverage to meet customer expectations
- Reassign job duties as necessary and adjust schedules to meet demand
- Maintain logs and write detailed reports
- Relay messages received to managers and duty managers
- Substitute as relief person on various shifts when necessary
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Have computer or smart phone knowledge or capability to learn
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to follow PrimeFlight Aviation safety guidelines for transporting the physically challenged
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Ability to write accurate reports.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Intermediate proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications, sufficient to write reports, manage schedules, and monitor flight information as may be required.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job may require supervision of workers at the direction of the General Manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Be able to talk frequently on the telephone
- Be able to carry passengers’ carry-on luggage weighing up to 40 pounds per bag
- Be able to push a wheelchair (including inclines and declines) with adult weighing up to 150 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Global Aviation Services
About the Company
Company: Global Aviation Services
Company Location: San Diego, CA