VC-25B Aircraft Mechanic Structures (Associate and Experienced) Job at BOEING – 4.0 in San Antonio, TX
- Perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
- This candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
This position requires ability to obtain program access, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires 5+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
- If applicable, please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
- Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft electrical systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
- Experience with Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
- FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant AND minimum of five (5) years’ experience is preferred
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED and typically 5+ of experience.
Standard Relocation Package
Relocation assistance, if needed, has been authorized in accordance with this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Boeing Company
About the Company
Company: BOEING – 4.0
Company Location: San Antonio, TX