Treasury Analyst Job at Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. – in London
casualty insurance and reinsurance. Sompo International companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of
Sompo Holdings, Inc., whose core business encompasses one of the largest property and casualty insurance
groups in the Japanese domestic market.
Through our operating subsidiaries, Sompo International underwrites agriculture, professional lines,
property, aviation, marine and energy, financial and political risks and casualty and other specialty and
catastrophe lines of insurance and reinsurance. Headquartered in Bermuda, we currently also have offices
in the United States, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia.
Sompo International is a company driven by its core values, a carrier that holds promise, trust, and the
commitment to protect at the center of everything we do. We recognize that our success is derived directly
from those who matter most: our people. Our culture is defined by a commitment to integrity, teamwork,
agility, execution, and excellence; and we strive to create exceptional value for our clients and shareholders
and maintain Sompo International as a desirable place to work.
We are seeking a Treasury Analyst to join the Finance function in our London office reporting to the UK
The successful applicant performs various finance and banking-related tasks such as global balance reporting
using Kyriba, cash and security transfers and administration of online banking platforms and user creation
In support of the above, there is key interaction with internal and external counterparties. These include
Legal, Investments, Claims, AP, Audit, and Financial Accounting. In addition, the successful candidate will
share in communication with banks, investment managers and other third-party service providers.
- Provide support to the Global Treasury function and UK Treasury Manager on various projects
including implementation of new accounts and services for new entities.
- Initiate and confirm wire transfer/cash receipts in banking systems and in Kyriba and produce
recommendations of daily cash requirements to support various payment outflows.
- Assisting the AP team as required with certain tasks such as invoice entry
- Administration of online banking platforms and user creation and entitlement and management of
bank mandates for the international entities.
- Coordinate movement of cash & securities between custody/safekeeping accounts and
- Assist the UK Treasury Manager with reporting to global management on various matrices, tasks, and
- Oversight of processing all non-technical intercompany settlements generated by the Financial
Accounting Team and responsibility for ensuring the balances in month and quarter end reporting
relating to Treasury balances are accurate.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The candidate needs to:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or related business field.
- 2-3 years of experience in cash management in corporate finance, treasury, or banking operations.
- Progressing with or holding professional Treasury/Accounting qualification.
- Strong proficiency with Excel with command of pivot table and VLOOKUP functionality.
- Knowledge of corporate or bank-related Treasury principles, transactions, and operations, including
cash management and forecasting, wire transfers, money market & similar short-term investments,
security transfer and settlement actions, and letters-of-credit.
- Competency in Banking and ERP interface, SWIFT messaging protocols and Kyriba would be
considered as beneficial.
- Familiarity with online banking and financial systems including Lloyds, Barclays, JPMorgan, Citibank,
and technical understanding of bank messaging protocols and file formats used is beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Possess initiative, drive, and
resilience and demonstrate within team context.
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision, with excellent analytical, organisational,
and planning skills.
- Pro-active problem solver with a strong self-motivation and willing to learn new skills.
Sompo International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with
Sompo International is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
About the Company
Company: Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. –
Company Location: London