Travel Clerk II Job at Island Creek Associates, LLC in Washington
Island Creek Associates, a professional services firm focused on Government customers, is seeking a knowledgeable administrative professional to support a military squadron in a General Clerk II role to provide administrative services in support of the Commander, Naval Air Forces (CNAF) FRS & VX Squadron Administrative, Training, Operations, and Maintenance departments at Oak Harbor, WA.
- Plans itineraries and schedules travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel with dependents according to travel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and travel regulations.
- Verifies travel orders to ensure costs, availability, and convenience of different types of carriers. In addition, verifies the selection is the most advantageous route and carrier.
- Notifies personnel of travel dates, baggage limits, medical and visa requirements, and determines that all clearances have been obtained prior to travel.
- Assists personnel in completing travel forms and other business transactions pertaining to travel.
- When scheduling travel accommodations it will usually involve the use of two or more modes of transportation.
- Will experience frequently recurrent travel for military and civilian personnel.
- Selects and apply appropriate travel guides, methods, techniques, and work sequences to effectively accomplish the work, within the required guidelines.
- Must review his or her work to ensure compliance within regulatory guidelines and program policies.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day, customarily performed between 6:30 am – 4:30 pm. Evening or weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Hours are subjected to change based on the needs of the squadron. Occasional telework may also be required upon request of the customer or company.
COVID Temporary Telecommuting Arrangements:
Island Creek Associates has implemented a voluntary temporary telecommuting arrangement for employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home, but do not regularly telecommute. This is site-specific and may not apply to each position and site. However, these arrangements are expected to be short term, and Island Creek will continue to monitor health officials’ guidance and the need for remote work arrangements. Employees should not assume any specified period for telework, and Island Creek may require employees to return to regular, in-office work at any time.
Five percent (5%) of travel may be required for job-related training attendance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience in DoD related Travel and the Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.);
- Understanding and knowledge of the structure and operation of a military aviation squadron is desired; and
- Familiarity with one or more of the following systems/processes/functions is desired: Command Pay/Personnel Support System(PASS); Command PASS Coordinator (CPC); Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), Transaction Online Processing (TOPS), Master Military Pay Account (MMPA), Navy Enlisted Advancement System Online System (NEASOS), Electronic Service Record (ESR), Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS), Defense Travel System (DTS), Citibank Government Travel Credit Card Program, Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS), and/or Sierra Hotel Aviation Readiness Program (SHARP).
Required Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position is subject to a government security investigation. It must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret Level. Must have a current Secret clearance.
Ideal candidates will currently possess an Active DoD Secret Clearance. However, candidates with US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD clearance will be considered.
Must be able to receive a Government Common Access Card (CAC), access Government systems, and receive a security clearance.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Island Creek Associates Overview:
Island Creek Associates, LLC is a Maryland-based small business, certified as 8(a), EDWOSB/WOSB, and SDB, focusing on supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) state contracting opportunities. We provide expertise in various diverse competencies, including engineering analysis, research/development, program/project management, logistics, financial services, information technology services, facilities engineering, and space planning.
Our team members are often recognized for their dedicated work and success in helping our customers achieve their mission. Supporting and caring about our team members brings out the best in all of us. The Island Creek culture and our upbeat employees make us one of the best small businesses to work for in Southern Maryland.
EO/Affirmative Action Statement:
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
About the Company
Company: Island Creek Associates, LLC
Company Location: Washington