Trainer – Electronics / Electrics Job at Babcock Chippenham, Wiltshire
Job Title: Trainer – Electronics / Electrics
Location: Lyneham, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 4XX
Compensation: £33,732.00 – £36,620.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41882
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Military Trainer – Electronics / Electrics working in our Tech Elec Department where you will be required to deliver training courses and modules to trainees on electronic and electric of weapons systems on armoured vehicles. You will be working closely with one other Trainer in a classroom size of 6, to ensure the effective delivery of training and course modules.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is adaptable and reflective about the way they teach and has the ability to constantly stay up to date with CPD to develop subjects towards maximising and enhancing our courses and someone able to fit in well with our team of 20 Lecturers. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills and whether you have a military background or a strong background in electronics and training, then we’d like to hear from you
What will you be doing?
As a Military Trainer – Electronics / Electrics you will
- Be responsible to deliver training course and modules to trainees on electronic and electrics of weapons systems on armoured vehicles within the Tech Elec Department in support of the contract.
- Assist with the technical administrator training and equipment.
- Prepare and deliver instruction on course modules in the Tech Elec Department in support of the DCTT EMTC training contract including Lesson plans, training aids, précis, and student handouts.
The experience you’ll bring
- Minimum BTEC Level 3, or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in the appropriate technical discipline (Electronic and Electrical) or NVQ Level 3 in Engineering Maintenance of Electronic & Electrical systems essential.
- Or Equivalent military qualifications, gained as Class1 REME Electronic Technician or similar RN/RAF trade
- You must have completed or be willing to train in a Certificate in Education and Training Level 4 or equivalent and Care of Trainee (CoT)
- Significant experience in a relevant working environment
- Full UK Driving License is essential
- Must have or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 11th March 2022
About the Company
Company Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire