Test Technician Job at Gastops – in Ottawa, ON
Come Join Us!
Over the last 40 years, Gastops has built a robust business which is recognized worldwide for its innovative contributions to equipment health management in the aviation, energy, marine, industrial and transportation industries. Gastops’ products and services add value throughout the life cycle of complex critical equipment from the design stage through to in-service operations and support. We design, manufacture and support advanced equipment sensing and analysis products, including on-line oil debris sensors, torque measurement sensors, turbine blade health sensors, and at-line oil analysis systems.
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the Test Technician will report to the Team Lead, Test Manufacturing and will have a wide range of duties which ultimately focus around the manufacturing of products in accordance to established quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
The Test Technician will be part of our Production team with the primary focus of helping to ensure our products are produced for on time delivery. You will:
· Support in-process testing of assemblies & sub-assemblies
· Execute test procedures on final products
· Support mechanical assemblies
· Perform equipment calibration and maintenance
Please note that this job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.
Who You Are:
- Hands-on experience with multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator and power supply
- Ability to read basic electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand and follow approved testing work instructions
- Familiarity with hand tools and power tools like torque wrench, screwdriver, Allen keys etc.
- Strong interest for high-quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work with other team members
What You Should Bring:
The ideal candidate will have a Diploma in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical or Electro-mechanical program. Additionally, you should have:
· High motivation with results-oriented focus
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) – English essential
· Eligible to obtain a Security Clearance (NATO Level Clearance and ITAR)
What We Offer You:
Gastops has built a passionate workforce with a strong and vibrant culture which has been the key to our success. We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful, established and growing technology company:
· Competitive salary, benefits, profit share bonus program
· A fantastic culture, team and energy to work with
· Superb work location in Ottawa’ East End (Canotek Business Park)
· Social activities, company sponsored events and opportunities to give back to our local community
Gastops is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to acquiring a skilled and diverse workforce. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, origins, ages, orientations, genders, creeds and religions. Gastops accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Gastops is an excellent place to work and we look forward to meeting you! If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Mechanical assembly: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Gastops –
Company Location: Ottawa, ON