Technical Support Engineer Job at Babcock International – in Plymouth
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £32,020 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41087
We have an exciting opportunity based here at Devonport Royal Dockyard – one the largest naval bases in Europe.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to cover all aspects of examining, identifying, drafting and updating parts, consumables and technical materials descriptions used within the Babcock Naval Marine organisation. Your role will also involve providing technical advice to internal business units and external organisations/suppliers.
What will you be doing?
- Interface with goods end users, purchasing management, suppliers and other interested parties in support of their responsibilities.
- Provide technical expertise for the creation, interpretation, control, validation & maintenance of Part Numbers in the Item Master in support of the department.
- Liaise with internal & external company sources for research into content of technical documentation.
- Interpretation & validation of technical information for inclusion within specifications.
- Analysing & answering part requests throughout the Babcock Naval Marine organisation.
- Providing technical guidance & assistance to all customers to aid formulation of accurate parts request.
The experience you’ll bring
- ONC or equivalent engineering academic qualification.
- Knowledge of technical documentation including MoD, National & International standards & interpretation of drawings. An understanding of the company’s business & objectives, business processes & organisation.
- Computer literate & proficient in the application parts databases e.g. IFS. CSIS.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with a high degree of tact & diplomacy.
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Occupational health services
- Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
- Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
- Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities – It’s why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy’s new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 28/01/2022
Job Segment: Technical Support, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Technical Support Engineer, Technology, Engineering
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Plymouth