Technical Project Manager – Business Aviation Products (Remote) Job at Raytheon Technologies USA
Date Posted: 2022-09-16-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HMD99: Field Office – MD Remote Location, Remote City, MD, 21401 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Technical Project Manager with a passion for engineering and the desire to lead teams responsible for designing and developing any one of our suite of business aviation products. This may include flight planning, scheduling or operator portal products. The candidate will have a close working relationship with the Product Line Manager for this product as well as fellow Technical Product Team members, engineering leads across multiple disciplines, and engineering support groups. This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of information management systems to provide solutions and support for both domestic and international customers. The mission is to successfully design, develop, integrate, and maintain the systems and software products that support a marketplace for the exchange of data for the aviation community.
- The primary responsibility of the candidate is to manage engineering’s execution of the product line manager’s objectives. In doing so, the candidate will oversee the activities performed by a cross-functional engineering team, evolving solutions from stakeholder needs, while exploring opportunities, documenting requirements, designing, developing, verifying and validating.
- The candidate will develop and enact resource & schedule execution plans that are aligned with multiple product line manager road maps and internal processes and procedures; understand risks and variances; assist in the development of mitigation plans; become 100% involved in the day-to-day execution. In execution, the candidate will collaborate across divisions and the enterprise, necessitating an ability to clearly communicate objectives, approach and status to audiences with varying degrees of understanding of the project details and underlying technology. The candidate must maintain a working knowledge of software and systems development progress and demonstrate sound decision-making skills, strategic thinking, networking skills, and the ability to accurately forecast labor.
- The candidate will collaborate with Product Line Managers to prioritize work in the engineering team’s backlog and provide technical support to the daily activities of engineers, in the form of clarifying requirements, identifying and overcoming blockers and dependencies. The candidate will work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Line Managers, other Technical Project Managers, Architects, Systems, Software, and Design staff to facilitate consistent and thorough understanding of the requirements and dependencies on completion of tasks in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to, and supporting Collins process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with customers, engineers, technicians, program management, and product line management to achieve program and business objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership by example, building trust and inspiring people through a shared vision where people feel valued, empowered, and fulfilled.
- Ability to independently lead and support technical meetings with customers, teammates, program management and leadership
- 7+ years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering and project management
- Experience executing projects with Agile methodology
- Experience in development of web applications
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
- Experience with proposal effort coordination, including estimating, bidding, narrative writing, risk identification, and technical leadership
- Experience with software repository management and collaboration tools
- Experience with cloud computing technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline is highly desired
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Connected Aviation Solutions team provides advanced information management systems, products and services that enable the connected ecosystem by bringing together Collins’ unique breadth of aviation products with our smart digital solutions to help us enhance every aspect of the end-to-end travel experience. We help airlines, airports and business aircraft turn data into value to streamline operations, increase efficiency and reduce cost, enhance the passenger experience and contribute to sustainable flight. By combining the best networks, connectivity and data/analytics solutions, we’re solving big problems for our customers and the world, while enhancing the security and connectivity of systems both on and off the aircraft, to help operators and passengers stay more connected and informed and create a more sustainable, efficient, reliable and enjoyable travel experience. Aviation connects the world. Our Connected Aviation Solutions team connects aviation. Sustainably. Seamlessly. Securely.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
About the Company
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Company Location: USA