Team Lead Maintenance Watch Job at Airbus Group Australia Pacific in Brisbane QLD
Airbus in Australia Pacific is a leading aeronautical business employing more than 1500 people across 15 Sites in Australia and New Zealand.
At Airbus you will be encouraged to think bigger. We are driven by our vision which is to be our customers’ trusted partner to fly, succeed, and to come back safely every time. We celebrate diversity of thought and we are committed to fostering a culture where our people are supported, our teams have the space and tools to be creative and have the courage to challenge the norm.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Lead Maintenance Watch to join our Brisbane based Support Engineering Department in this permanent full time opportunity. Reporting to the Manager Platform Services (ARH) and leading a team of Fleet Planners and Field Support Representatives, the team is the first element of triage between the Part 145 Maintenance Organisation (MO) and the Airbus CAM-SO. The team is responsible for the collection and treatment of emerging support issues experienced by ARH Tiger customers and provides timely and effective subject matter expert advice in order to optimise the availability and airworthiness of the fleet.
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to drive project outcomes, work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment. The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role include:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ technical experience in, aircraft maintenance engineering (Part 145 or equivalent) or CAM (Part M or equivalent) services in the aviation industry
- Knowledge of operational excellence, managing a service-oriented organisation, and delivering on service targets
- Superior knowledge and understanding of interdependencies between maintenance (including maintenance and fleet planning) and other airworthiness management and support activities such as design engineering, technical services and integrated logistics support
- Understanding of maintenance and engineering cost drivers and how to ensure cost effectiveness
- Demonstrated track record in driving process improvement and productivity improvement
- Experience in people and resource management; managing competencies/certifications and leading a united team in the achievement of measurable results and strategic goals
- Superior knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations (e.g. DASR, CAANZ, CASA, etc.), standards and internal best practices
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at senior levels
- Bachelor of Engineering (relevant to maintenance and/or continuing airworthiness management or aircraft/aircraft components); or an aircraft maintenance engineer/technician qualification in Avionics, Mechanical or Structures trade streams
We seek to inspire our people to grow, so you have the right mindset, behaviours and skills to thrive and achieve the organisation goals whilst being focussed on your personal development through classroom and online learning.
We value the health and wellbeing of our employees and offer true flexibility that allows you to balance your career with what is important to you outside of work. We will celebrate your successes and achievements with a formal reward and recognition program.
If it sounds like a role for you apply now! Applications close Wednesday, 27 January 2021
You must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
About the Company
Company: Airbus Group Australia Pacific
Company Location: Brisbane QLD