Systems Engineer II Job at Sierra Nevada Corporation in Englewood, CO
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporationadvocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You’ll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNCs ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS [
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Knowledge of requirements management, functional requirements parsing, derivation, and allocation; systems design, systems integration, technical risk identification and management strategies, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance with SAP eligibility required
- Experience with requirements management and system modelling tools, such as DOORS, Rhapsody, NoMagic, MATLAB
- Knowledge of industry standard design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Exposure to baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
- Understanding of establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
- Prior participation in requirements verification and validation.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility US Security clearance.
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of Americas fastest-growing companies.Learn more about SNC [
SIERRA NEVADA CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
About the Company
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Company Location: Englewood, CO