Support Engineer Electrical Job at Babcock International – in Plymouth
Job Title: Support Engineer Electrical
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £32,660 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42579
We are seeking applicants from a technical background to join the Babcock Devonport Surface Ship Division in a Project Support role as a Technical Support Engineer.
Primarily the role will be in support of the Electrical / Weapons packages of work, with opportunities to assist with other aspects of the refit package and to assist with Type 23 Frigate Refit Projects.
What will you be doing?
Main purpose of role:
- To assist the Production Management Team with the breakout of the customer’s requirements and the production, control and close out of Manageable Tasks (work instructions) in a timely manner.
- Assigning Risk Assessments to Control of Work documentation, ensuring that all activities have relevant Risk Assessments prior to the commencement of work.
- To ensure all supporting information, materials and equipments are in place prior to the task planned start date in line with the Project Schedule, or to ensure that mitigating actions have been taken.
- Visits to vessels under refit in support of the Production Management Team.
- Assisting Project Managers with the production of technical specifications and estimates for additional packages of work.
- Assisting the Project Senior Support Engineers with the co-ordination of sub-contractor activities acting as the Companies Technical Representative as assigned by the Senior Project Services Engineer, Senior Support Engineer or Production Managers as required.
The experience you’ll bring
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences:
- Competent in verbal & written communications.
- The ability to interface with managers & customers.
- Demonstrable experience in an Engineering or Technical Environment.
- Computer literate, preferably with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets.
- Previous experience of working or serving on RN Vessels in a maintenance or technical capacity would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Experience of working in a team environment would be an advantage.
- Transferable skills would be advantageous but not essential, and a full training package will be available to the successful candidate.
- ONC, BTEC Level 3 or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering / Technical Subject, or as determined by the Project Manager due to previous relevant experience.
- Transferable skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- A full training package will be available to the successful candidate.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Occupational health services
- Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
- Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
- Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities – It’s why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy’s new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 26/05/2022
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Plymouth