Stores Assistant Job at GT Engine Services in Stansted
Vacancy – Stores Assistant
40hrs per week, Salary dependant on experience
To assist in the day-to-day operations of a busy Stores department and provide a proactive and efficient service. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multitask is essential.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist in the day to day running of the Stores department.
· Issue tooling, consumables and aircraft engine parts to engineers.
- Processing import and export customs paperwork for aviation parts (where needed training will be given).
- Communication with the Customer as and when required.
- Raising repair orders.
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aviation parts in line with company procedures and Part 145 Regulations (previous aviation stores background desired).
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards.
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods.
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf-life items and tooling due for calibration.
- The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment while optimising space utilisation.
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost.
- Ensuring the best level of service is offered and maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Driving of company vehicles (previous forklift experience desirable).
- Assisting in the unloading and loading of aircraft engines and moving engines onsite as required
- Computer literate (Where needed training will be given on the company computer system).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Previous experience of working in a busy aviation stores department.
- A previous company approval for good inwards inspection in an aviation stores environment would be desirable.
- Forklift Licence an advantage (Where needed training will be given)
· Experience in using Quantum is desirable
Please email with your covering letter and C.V to apply. (No agencies please)
Closing date Friday 29th January 2021
Reference ID: Stores Assistant
Application deadline: 29/01/2021
Expected start date: 15/02/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,887.18-£22,568.12 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- stores/warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stansted CM24 1RL (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: GT Engine Services
Company Location: Stansted