Sr Technical Quality Engineering Program Manager Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
We’re working on the future! If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
We’re looking for a dynamic Quality Engineering Program Manager who combines technical skills with a passion for ensuring processes and procedures align to that of which produce world class systems and products. You will lead the integration of quality and regulatory requirements into the engineering design and validation processes through proven QE methodologies. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems.
You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leading quality engineering initiatives for highly complex products in the aerospace, aviation maintenance, or automotive industries. The right candidate will also be a strong integrator who prioritizes well and communicates effectively.
Come help us make history!
- Develop key partnerships and programs that align vendor process and product build cycles to the needs of Amazon growth and scale with quality systems at the core of the development.
- Architect a BIQ (Built in Quality) mentality and validation program to align vendors to cultural and procedural transformations.
- Develop systems that drive sustained correct action accountability and performance tracking resulting from RCA’s and CI actions, and metrics to quantify performance of efforts.
- Partner with supplier development to create field supplier quality inspections and score cards for performance that are Sr. Leader focused to highlight key areas of opportunity and growth needs per vendor.
- Be a champion for quality in actions and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years Quality or Production engineering experience, while working in an aerospace or automotive manufacturing environment producing multi-disciplinary hardware products
- 7+ years of producing and presenting defect data, metrics, supplier quality, improvement initiatives and status to top leadership and government officials
- 10+ years’ experience with complex quality management systems, including inspection optimization and/or APQP
- 10+ years’ experience using data to find root cause, develop solutions and implement corrective action plans
- 5+ years utilizing statistical analysis tools to implement / improve quality assurance processes in a production environment
- Proficient in ISO 9001 / AS9100 requirements
- Excellent people skills and adaptability
- Strong skills with M/S outlook, word, excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA