Sr Systems Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical Engineer) Job at Sierra Nevada Corporation in Centennial, CO
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporationadvocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team!
As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You’ll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNCs ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS [
- Must-have current, hands-on, technical expertise with: power electronics, thermal design, mechanical design, and/or electrical and mechanical system architecture development.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in System Engineering or related discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience developing novel technologies from low technology readiness levels (TRL)
- Experience with battery management systems.
- Experience with power and energy systems and/or technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Thorough understanding of requirements development, system design, integration, and Verification and Validation (V&V) principles
- Demonstrated experience as acreative architect for a novel hardware system
Prior experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Experience in an Agile, rapid-paced development setting
- Demonstrated record of intellectual property (IP) development
- Experience leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
- Experience with leading and tasking younger engineers.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of Americas fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC [
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
SIERRA NEVADA CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
About the Company
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Company Location: Centennial, CO