Sr. Project Engineering Manager Job at Sierra Nevada Corporation in Englewood, CO
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporationadvocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team!
As a Sr Project Engineer Mgr., you will be using your skills and expertise to guide technical teams through project execution for our products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You’ll perform complex engineering design evaluations, working to ensure our projects are completed within budget and scheduling constraints and taking action to resolve issues when they arise. Your technical duties include the development of project plans and oversight of the technical execution of the project throughout its lifecycle.
At SNCs ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission.Learn more about IAS [
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or a related field of study and typically 14 years or more of relevant experience.
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyones input matters.
- Experience workingon multi-disciplinary design and development teams.
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace system technology maturation, design, development, production, test, or sustainment.
- Demonstrated, successful performance leading system or segment design efforts on a complex weapon system development program.
- Experience with vehicle subsystem integrations and test to include mechanical, electrical, thermal, avionics, data handling, communications, and software.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedures.
- Experience in design for sustainability and design for manufacturing.
- Thorough understanding ofrequirements management, configuration management, interface management, risk management, system design, integration, and verification and validation.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required.
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering or a related field of study and 18 years or more of relevant experience.
- Past history of leading initial system baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternatives.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplinary design and development team and communicating with internal program management and external customers.
- 12 or more years demonstrated experience in aerospace system development, manufacturing and sustainment.
- Experience with integrating, testing and operating multiple payload and communication subsystems to meet mission requirements.
- Flight test, flight line, or mission operations experience.
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
This position requiresan active Top Secret with SCI eligibilityU.S.Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors.
SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of Americas fastest-growing companies.Learn more about SNC [
SIERRA NEVADA CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
About the Company
Company: Sierra Nevada Corporation
Company Location: Englewood, CO