Software Testing Co-Op Job at SKYTRAC – in Victoria, BC
Our rapidly growing company is committed to fostering development of new and rising talent in the engineering field, offering university students in their 3rd or 4th year of study or recent university graduates valuable hands-on experience within the aviation industry. We look for team members who are curious, impactful, and inventive, and who in turn deliver exceptional business results through focus, passion, discipline, and innovation.
Our internship program is designed to prepare students for career and employment readiness.
The Software Test team has an opportunity for a 12-month placement effective January 2022 in-office in Victoria, B.C.
The Software Test team verifies both embedded and enterprise software. It ensures the quality of the designed software meets the defined requirements.
A typical day could include:
- Developing, maintaining, and testing embedded software applications
- Developing and maintaining software configuration management and automation scripts
- Designing and writing test plans for software verification
- Contributing to a team of professional SW engineers as part of the development life cycle of a new SW feature release
- Following a SW Testing process to define a strategy to validate and verify the requirements of this new SW development project
- Supporting a project team to trouble shoot a given system integration solution
- Receiving training in the latest SATCOM technologies
- Providing lesson learns to, and receive feedback from, your peers for your project as part of an on-going improvement of a SDLC process
- Learning, learning and more learning!
- Professional meaningful work
- Realtime on-the-job training
- Mentorship by industry experts
- Industry networking
- Cross functional exposure and experience
- A team you can belong to and believe in
- A passionate, intelligent culture
- Consideration for continued employment
- Exposure working with the largest brands in aviation
- Commitment to learning and excellence
- Professionalism in presentation and conduct
- Strong integrity and work ethic
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong oral and written communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Enrolled in, or recently graduated with, an Engineering Degree in Aerospace, Avionics, Computer, Electrical or Mechanical., or a Computer Science Degree
Position to remain open until filled.
About the Company
Company: SKYTRAC –
Company Location: Victoria, BC