Shiplift Facility Manager Job at Babcock International – in Argyllshire
Job Title: Shiplift Facility Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £49,100 – £58,750 + Bonus + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 41277
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the management team within Nuclear Operations, working collaboratively alongside the Facility Operator (Faslane), playing a key role in the management, operation and maintenance of the Shiplift Facility at Faslane.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Shiplift Facility Manager who will ensure every aspect of the Shiplift provision is delivered in compliance with all relevant Nuclear Site Authorisation Conditions, H&S, environmental, quality, time and budgetary requirements. Using their management expertise to lead and motivate approximately 40 members of staff across multiple skills and professional capabilities and ensure a close liaison with all key stake holders throughout.
What will you be doing?
- Management and operational availability of the Shiplift providing engineering support services to the customer.
- Assist the Facility Operator (Faslane) in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the department’s resource. Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s cost, time and quality requirements.
- Implementation of the HMNB Clyde’s Company Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental policies in the Shiplift ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Lead and motivate all the Shiplift staff to deliver the main objective and purpose.
- Ensure that adequate Suitably Qualified and Experienced resource and equipment is available to conduct Shiplift activities in accordance with the Clyde Safety Management Arrangements.
- Facility Operator’s representative at all Nuclear Safety Committees for items affecting or relating to the Shiplift Facility
The experience you’ll bring
- Demonstrable experience in leading mutli disciplined engineering teams ideally gained within a Shiplift / Marine Engineering operations and delivery environment.
- Demonstrates a collaborative, open and outcome based approach to delivery.
- Degree in Engineering is advantageous.
- Expert knowledge of Shiplift Maintenance Procedures and Processes, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work. An understanding of nuclear operations and safety is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with well-developed presentation, stakeholder management and relationship-building skills.
- Ideally you will already hold or be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role within a Ministry of Defence facility
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- 4.5 day working week
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date: 28th January 2022
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Nuclear Engineering, Engineering, Management
About the Company
Company: Babcock International –
Company Location: Argyllshire