Senior Solution SME Job at Rolls-Royce Derby
Senior Solution SME
Working Pattern: Full Time
Working Location: Derby/Hybrid
We are looking for a Senior Solution SME to join the ‘Manage the Enterprise’ team whom are a delivery focused central IT team primarily working on Business Systems and SAP ERP solutions.
Responsible for the SAP systems that enable Rolls-Royce to do business with our customers and supply chain, we are looking for individuals with experience in Sales & Distribution, Production Planning, Material Management, Quality Management and Plant Management. As well as integrated applications Ivalua, Coupa and Siemens PLM toolset.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best – wherever and whenever you work.
What you will be doing:
You will be reporting to the Head of IT delivery, working in a team of Subject Matter Experts, Solution Architects, Project Managers and external suppliers, you will provide:
- Technical ownership and leadership in project teams, consisting of internal and external resources to implement and deploy capability.
- Technical contribution for tasks on a project and technically lead and develop solutions in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Responsible for Identification and update documentation.
- Troubleshoots and debugs solution components (configuration of system components). Provides a deep understanding of relevant solutions.
What we’re looking for:
Being a part of Rolls-Royce you’ll know we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- Specialising in SAP systems with deep knowledge of one or more of the following SAP modules Sales & Distribution, Production Planning, Material Management, Quality Management and Plant Management
- Experience of Ivalua, Coupa and Siemens products or willing to develop experience in these areas.
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional solutions within the constraints of the enterprise architecture and systems level design.
- Ability to independently lead and own complex problems using acquired technical experience and knowledge.
- In situations of conflict be able to recognise alternative approaches for reaching a solution and implement most appropriate course of action.
Join us & Power our Future
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at
Closing Date: Midnight, 5th of October
21 Sep 2022; 00:09
About the Company
Company Location: Derby