Senior Software Quality and Design Assurance Engineer – Prime Air Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We’re looking for a dynamic Sr. Software Quality and Design Assurance Engineer. This senior role would ensure that Prime Air’s software practices comply with relevant industry standards throughout its software development lifecycle. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems.
You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leading Software Quality and Design Assurance engineering initiatives for highly complex products in the aerospace, aviation maintenance, or automotive industries. The right candidate will also be a strong integrator who prioritizes well and communicates effectively.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience developing and executing Software Quality Assurance Plans
- Deep understanding of showing compliance to software regulatory requirements
- Experience with software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with JIRA, JAMA, and other common tools
- Excellent people skills and adaptability
- Strong skills with M/S outlook, word, excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA