Senior Software Developer Job at Perspecta in Huntsville, AL
Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation’s defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Perspecta is searching for a highly skilled and motivated Lead Software Engineer to evolve our proprietary simulation and training software products to the next generation. We are looking for someone to lead our SimAuthor development team with creativity and passion in the Aviation simulation and training market. Our diverse team maintains and develops Commercial software, builds and installs computer systems for simulators, and supports aviation training and flight data analytics for Commercial and Government customers with the United States and overseas. Our Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining current software baselines while working closely with the SimAuthor Program Manager to advance the product line toward a distributed and scalable software as a service model. Understanding of the Aviation industry is desired as well as experience with various web development and hosting disciplines.
- Commercial software development experience with proficiency in C, C++ and C#.
- Experience developing and deploying web-based applications.
- Experience developing applications which are multi-threaded, network enabled, and provide a responsive graphical user interface (GUI). Understands debugging networked, multi-threaded systems in both C++ and C#.
- Can create installers using Install Shield and/or Windows Installer XML (WiX).
- Understands database schema normalization and best practices.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries for optimal performance
- Comfortable with network protocols e.g., TCP, UDP, and familiar with high level distributed network protocols e.g., DIS, HLA, etc.
- Graphics programming experience, including earth models (terrain, imagery, geometry) and physics.
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph and osgEarth. GIS applications experience is desired
- Experience with an Agile development environment and methodologies.
- Familiarity with flight simulators and aircraft flight parameters
- Accustomed to writing tests for code modifications and assisting QA with validation.
- Experience with mobile platform development a plus (Android, iOS).
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree.
Requires Active Secret Clearance or ability to get an interim secret clearance.
For Colorado Residents
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
About the Company
Company Location: Huntsville, AL