Senior Network Engineer Job at Airservices Queensland
Airservices Australia is a government-owned organisation responsible for the safe and efficient management of 11% of the world’s airspace and provision of aviation rescue firefighting services at Australia’s busiest airports.
Our people are our greatest asset with a dynamic and diverse team operating from locations across the country – from bustling cities to regional and remote locations, including an island. This team keep Australia’s aviation industry safe every day of the year, both in the air and on the ground.
We connect people with their world safely – linking family and friends, generating economic activity, creating jobs, and facilitating trade and tourism.
Airservices is committed to fostering a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We encourage motivated individuals who love what they do, value a service first mindset and embrace a challenge to explore a career with Airservices. In return you will be a valued team member, be offered flexibility and experience a meaningful career in an exciting, ever-evolving aviation industry.
Network and Telecommunications Platform (NTP)
As Senior network Engineer you will work within our Chief Technology Enablement Officer (CTEO) Group under the Network and Telecommunications Platform (NTP). You will be responsible for providing safe, effective and efficient enterprise-wide network solutions to meet the reliability and availability requirements of Airservices.
Airservices has envisaged a multi-year program of work to modernise our network in preparation for our new Civil-Military Air Traffic System (CMATS). Over the next few years NTP will undertake an ambitious network modernisation program which migrate IP and non-IP technologies to an all-new IP network with new terrestrial, microwave and satellite components. The network will service Air Traffic Control, and Aviation Rescue and Fire Fighting Services (ARFFS) and administrative requirements.
The Role & The Team
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will play an important role in maintaining and managing existing network infrastructure and preparing for the network replacement with new network infrastructure. By following the processes of the Technology Management System (TMS) you will provide high quality technical solutions and resolution to complex problems. You will contribute across the life-cycle needs of the telecommunications network, support the Networks Team Leader in achieving domain outcomes and objectives, and contribute to the overall effectiveness of NTP, focusing on assurance for system design and integrity.
Further responsibilities of this role will see you:
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership to projects during planning and execution
- Continually analyse operational methods, policies, practices and standards in order to develop improvements with a view to making supported systems more cost effective and aligned with user requirements
- Assist in the development of submissions, specifications, plans and contracts for the acquisition and implementation of new system components and upgrades to systems
- Investigate and manage the correction of system defects and respond to and resolve faults and issues raised by business units and users
- Ensure existing network systems comply with CASA, ICAO, International/National standards as well as internal technical, safety and security standards
This role works closely with technical and project peers and is required to develop constructive relationships with team members and staff across Airservices Australia.
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
The successful applicant will have:
- Mandatory: Must hold as a minimum a recognised Diploma in a relevant IT field or Engineering field
- Desirable: Satisfy the eligibility requirements for registration as a Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) or equivalent is essential
- Experience in Cisco routing and switching, datacentres, wireless, and network security, connectivity to cloud service providers, and SD-WAN technologies
- Experience in the support of complex network infrastructure deployments
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and change control processes
- Understanding of the issues and priorities of working in a 24×7, safety first, environment
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare written documents on technical, and non-technical matters in ways that engage the audience and ensure understanding
- Demonstrate capacity for working with little direction on technical, operational, and administrative matters
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and interpret critical information to form an accurate understanding of the business environment in which systems operate
- Ability to provide sound judgement and develop solutions for deficiencies and new capabilities
- Must be able to obtain government security clearance to NV1 level
Airservices Australia is a diverse and inclusive employer that recognises the benefits of having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. We encourage applications from diverse groups including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian citizen as an Australian AGSVA security clearance is required for this role. Please refer to the successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Should you require any further information please contact Alicia O’Rourke, Talent Acquisition Advisor at
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online before Applications close 11.55pm (AEST) Wednesday 05 October 2022.
Advertised: 21 Sep 2022 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Application close: 05 Oct 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
About the Company
Company Location: Queensland