Senior Mechanical Engineer Job at Core Talent Sydney, NSW
Our client is a global professional services consultancy with more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand. They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team of 25 engineers in Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a diverse range of interesting and high end projects.
What the role entails:
- Preparing mechanical engineering design documentation, from concept through to tender and construction phase in support of technical, commercial, regulatory and safety standards;
- Collaborating with other design teams and engineering disciplines to ensure the coordination and resolution of the overall project design solutions;
- Assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, timeframe and quality targets;
- Interfacing with relevant authorities and project stakeholders;
- Attending inspections and collaborating with trade contractors to ensure that the designs are installed on site in accordance with the briefed requirements;
- Project leading on small to medium size projects;
- Mentoring of junior engineers and participation in the technical mechanical discipline development.
What you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a engineering consultancy role within Australia;
- Bachelor to Master level degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Building Services Engineering);
- Extensive experience within an Australian building services consulting engineering practice;
- Well versed across a range of building sectors, e.g. commercial, health, laboratory, pharmaceutical, education, aviation, transport or defence;
- Experience with mechanical building services engineering design and the various types of mechanical services systems;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Australia Standards and Building Code of Australia;
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Proficiency with mechanical design packages such as CAMEL, and;
- Registered Building Practitioner / Professional Engineer qualifications and / or Engineers Australia chartership would be advantageous;
- Understanding and modelling capability using Revit MEP, NavisWorks and BIM would be highly advantageous;
- Engineering project leading / management skills would be highly advantageous
Perks of working for this company:
- Flexible, Family friendly working arrangements and working from home
- A fantastic Team, we all get on and enjoy the work and life balance
- Salary Continuation Insurance
- Parental Leave & Purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Wellness at Work & Social Club with events all year round
- Employee Reward & Recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Global and National Mobility Opportunities
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Extensive professional and technical development opportunities.
If you or someone you know is interested please call Mark on 0415714155 or send your resume through the APPLY button below.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA.
About the Company
Company: Core Talent
Company Location: Sydney, NSW