Senior Manager, SMS -Aviation Operations Oversight Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
The Amazon Air (AIR) organization is seeking highly motivated individuals to be a part of the Air Safety Programs team. The Senior Program Manager, Compliance Monitoring will be responsible to identify, design, develop, and execute new processes, policies, goals and solutions that increase safety, reduce errors, and decrease costs, within AIR. This position will work to develop scalable long-term solutions to improve air safety programs and create innovative solutions which deliver world-class air operations solutions.
This position will require strong communication with managers, peers and team members, both within their immediate department, as well as with other departments and business partners to drive effective solutions to complex challenges. This position will create and report air metrics to improve safety and cross-divisional coordination within the overall AIR team.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Serve as a leader of the Air Safety Programs team
- Partner with SPM of AIR Safety Programs to develop, manage, and grow the Compliance Monitoring program for AIR.
- Create and execute on a process based audit plan for business processes within AIR
- Develop site audit program to monitor key controls of leading indicators
- Create program updates and communications to internal teams.
- Lead and develop a team of auditors by embodying Amazon’s Leadership Principles
- Liaison with the Hub/Gateway teams on oversight results and corrective actions
- Create appropriate metrics to continually improve safety compliance.
- Partner and communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Special projects
- Able to systematically escalate problems or variances to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
- Navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accept ownership and accountability of the process and deliver on commitments
Successful candidates will have the following skills/experience:
- Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations to leaders
- Proven track record of problem solving skills and ability to use analytical tools is required, while analytic experience in the areas of transportation, flight and ground operations, aviation safety, and regulatory compliance is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional organizations
- Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects Must demonstrate the ability to influence internal and external organizations to achieve corporate goals, including the ability to influence and manage upward as necessary
*Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel. Travel required up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, safety, operations management, or related field.
- Five or more years of AIR, airline operations, or related industry experience
- Five or more years of quality assurance, safety, investigation or related experience
- Experience interfacing with directors and executive leadership including both written and verbal communication
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA