Senior Expert – Customs Job at Amazon SZ Sachsen-Thueringen G – in Schkeuditz
- Logistic degree or equivalent professional background that suits the scale of the position.
- Profound understanding of international trade, compliance and customs regulations.
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced, customer service driven environment.
- An excellent knowledge of logistics processes.
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong German and Englisch language written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass an airport security clearance (ZÜP).
- Ability to travel when required
Amazon is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-centric Customs Specialist for the Aviation Security Team to provide support and oversight for cargo transportation efforts within Amazon Air in regards to customs operations. You have the chance to work on the forefront of customs process innovation and can actively form and develop processes at a very early stage that are meant to scale!
The candidate will be responsible for developing and leading the site operations in regards to customs processes and performs standards by ensuring compliance with corporate policies, federal regulations, and standardized processes.
Responsibilities will also include regular communication with customs authorities, the external broker, track keeping of relevant KPI and reporting of such, as well as designing and developing processes and standards together with your manager.
The Customs Specialist will embrace Amazon’s core values and is excited about a unique opportunity to influence and support our growing Amazon Air network at a very early stage.
This key role will support the Amazon Air customs operations programs by understanding, implementing, and validating customs requirements to ensure our operations is secure and that the organization is prepared to properly respond to various emergencies. Applicants must have proven the ability to utilize processes to challenge conventional wisdom, think strategically, communicate effectively, deliver results, think innovatively and leverage the necessary technical support that will be provided by both Amazon and third-party technical experts.
As part of the Aviation Security team, the Customs Specialist will create, establish, and verify compliance with logistic procedures, regulatory standards and policies.
Other responsibilities include:
- Own customs processes at Amazon Air facility and develop and maintain relationships with regulatory partners.
- Work together with Amazon Air Operations teams from a customs perspective.
- Process information from various reporting tools to determine and avoid risks.
- Process KPI and reporting of such.
- Deep diving on package status, metrics and flows to maintain an in-depth understanding of how packages are processed within Amazon.
- Develop innovative ways together with your manager to operate customs within the Amazon Air network.
- Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams.
- Escort customs authorities when inspecting packages and support with needed measures.
- Process invoices within the facility or externally towards local customs office.
- Customs experience.
- SSP / SCMS / CMM-UI experience.
- Fluent in German and Englisch language written and verbal communication skills.
About the Company
Company: Amazon SZ Sachsen-Thueringen G –
Company Location: Schkeuditz