Senior Contracts Officer and Principal Contracts Officer Job at Government of Western Australia Western Australia
Permanent – Part Time, Permanent – Full Time, Fixed Term – Part Time, Fixed Term – Full Time
Closing Date: 2022-10-10 3:00 PM
The future of transport?
Be part of it
Department of Transport (DoT) is looking for dedicated, capable, forward-thinking people to join our Procurement and Fleet Management Branch (PFM).
This is an exciting opportunity to really expand the scope of your procurement knowledge and experience across various types of procurement in the public sector environment.
The PFM staff are in multiple offices across the metropolitan area including Perth, Innaloo and Fremantle.
The PFM Branch provides procurement support to all DoT business areas for works, consultancies, goods, services and ICT services covering a varied scope, including:
- maritime facilities and infrastructure across the State including maintenance and capital works.
- strategic direction and policy for the State’s freight system and ports, and aviation strategy.
- transport planning, modelling and infrastructure design for the metropolitan and regional transport network and system.
- driver and vehicle and on-demand transport services and systems.
- Business Information systems.
The PFM Branch is also authorised to undertake the procurement of goods and services up to $20M.
Senior Contracts Officer and Principal Contracts Officer
The role of both positions is to provide specialist procurement advice and undertake contract and tendering activities, ensuring the Department maintains good governance throughout the procurement process. The successful candidate/s will undertake procurement of goods, services (including ICT), works and works related services and statutory contracts, ensuring compliance with PFM policy and procedures and the WA Procurement Rules. This includes facilitation of the procurement end to end including procurement planning, request and contract development, evaluation, recommendation, negotiation and contract administration. Each position will undertake the following risk level of procurement:
Senior Contracts Officer (Level 5) – moderate risk procurement.
Principal Contracts Officer (Level 6) – complex and high-risk contract development and management issues.
We need someone who can
- Demonstrate experience working within a contract, tender and buying environment and understand public sector procurement.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Deliver with a high level of accuracy
- Cultivate strong, productive working relationships and partnerships
- Solve complex problems related to contract development and management issues
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and carry out a variety of duties through being flexible and adaptable to suit customer needs
Candidates with experience in the following key areas are highly sought after:
- Experience and specialist skills in the procurement of works and works related services (including knowledge and application of Australian Standard Conditions of Contract); and/or
- Experience and specialist skills in the procurement of ICT Services.
The following positions are available for immediate filling –
- Senior Contracts Officer, L5, fixed term fulltime until January 2023 with possibility of extension and/or permanency
- Senior Contracts Officer, L5, fixed term fulltime until March 2023 with possibility of extension and/or permanency
- Senior Contracts Officer, L5, fixed term fulltime until April 2023 with possibility of extension and/or permanency
- Principal Contracts Officer, L6, Permanent full time
Other Level 5 and 6 positions will be filled from the open pool as they become available during the term of the pool.
The attached job description form (JDF) will provide a full outline of the roles, responsibilities, and selection criteria. This information will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Successful applicants will be required to hold or obtain a current National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
You can expect
- Long term career development opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home on roster.
- Systems and technology that support efficient work practices.
- Established procurement forms, policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that are maintained within the branch’s quality assurance system.
- A highly experienced and motivated team and support from management.
- An organisation that is forward thinking and open to change.
- A competitive salary, and 10.5% employer contributed superannuation and salary sacrifice options.
The Recruitment Process
This is an open pool recruitment process for permanent and fixed term full-time vacancies. If you are deemed suitable, you will be placed in a pool from which appointment may be made when vacancies arise across the DoT.
As this is an open pool you can apply at any time and interviews will be conducted on a regular basis.
The first round of assessments commences on 10 October 2022.If you apply for the pool prior to this closing time your application will be assessed by the panel and you will be advised of the outcome in due course, where you can reapply should you be unsuccessful.
Our selection panel will continue to reconvene to assess new applicants on a regular periodical basis as vacancies arise.
All applicants that applied for both levels and recommended for inclusion in the pool at Level 6 will also be suitable for inclusion in the pool at Level 5.
Applications can be submitted up until 30 September 2023. The recruitment pool will remain open for a further period of 12 months from the date of first appointment from the final assessment.
How to apply
The attached applicant information pack and job description form (JDF) will provide you with some useful information that may assist you with the preparation of your application.
We require you to submit:
- A detailed CV that clearly outlines the skills and experience you have gained in relation to the job description; and
- A written statement outlining your relevant experience against the following criteria within the applicable JDF:
a.Senior Contracts Officer (Level 5):
- 1 page (maximum) addressing the following selection criteria
(SC1) Considerable experience working within a complex contracts and procurement environment
b.Principal Contracts Officer (Level 6):
- 2 page (maximum) addressing the following selection criteria
(SC1) Substantial experience working within a complex contracts, tender and buying environment.
(SC2) Experience in the application of supply policies and practices with demonstrated knowledge of the public sector supply environment.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be prompted to select which position/s you are applying for – either Level 5 and/or Level 6. If you are applying for both positions, please address your application to the highest level (i.e. Level 6 – demonstrating complex and high risk procurement experience).
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located on the bottom of this page to submit your application.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions after 3pm 30 September 2023 will not be accepted.
Please note that if deemed necessary we may choose to conduct a Candidate Search to supplement the field of applicants.
About Department of Transport
Working for DoT gives you the opportunity to play a part in connecting the people of Western Australia. We are a progressive organisation. We are leaders in providing safe, accessible, sustainable, and efficient transport services and solutions that promote economic prosperity and enhance the lifestyles of all Western Australians.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team and be part of the future of transport!
Equity and Diversity Statement
The Department of Transport promotes diversity and a workplace that is free of discrimination. People from culturally diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal Australians and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applicants found suitable but not recommended from this process, may be considered for subsequent similar vacancies in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of the Commissioner’s Instructions: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
Whilst new appointments may commence on a fixed term basis, there may be the possibility of extension and/or permanency in the future.
For a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Caitlin McGee, A/ Manager Contracting on 0427 394 195.
If you have a question about submitting your application or would like more information on the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment Team on (08) 6551 6888.
What is a recruitment open pool?
This is an open pool recruitment process; we use recruitment open pools to build an ongoing bank of talent who we feel might be suited to future opportunities within the Department of Transport. You may join us on a full-time, part-time, fixed term or permanent basis however an appointment is not guaranteed.
Applications can be submitted up until 30 September 2023 at 3:00pm. The recruitment pool will remain open for a further period of 12 months from the date of first appointment from the concluding/final assessment.
We have a great culture and live our values of Collaboration, Wellbeing, Adaptability, and Accountability.
About the Company
Company: Government of Western Australia
Company Location: Western Australia