Senior Advanced Project Engineer – AERO SGN COE Job at Honeywell in Clearwater, FL
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Aerospace has approximately 40,000 employees around the world and 2012 revenue of $12 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more.
As a Senior Advanced Project Engineer in the Sensing Guidance and Navigation (SGN) Center of Excellence (COE), you will work in partnership to develop products that support navigation systems for missiles, munitions, military aircraft, surface vehicles, space vehicles, air transport, regional, business aviation, and general aviation. These market areas require a wide variety of navigation systems including inertial measurement units, inertial navigation systems, and aided inertial navigation systems (e.g. GPS).
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Aerospace. You will partner with world class engineering’s and leaders to implement product strategies, develop program schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
- Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
- customer relationships
- Understand technology
- Estimation development and analysis
- Cost development
- Budget analysis
- Metric development/reporting
- Risk/OPP development and management
- Vendor interface
- Project Performance
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in design engineering or project leadership
- Must be a US citizen due to contractual obligations
- Aerospace industry expertise
- Create, support and enhance specific action plans
- Promote customer relationships
- Understand technology
- Some experience in engineering
- Experience in electronic assembly fabrication
- Program management skills
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
- Demonstrated Earned Value Management skills
JOB ID: HRD104050
Location: 13350 US Hwy 19 N,Clearwater,Florida,33764,United States
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
About the Company
Company Location: Clearwater, FL