Senior Accountant Jobs in Milwaukee, WI at Safran
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Safran Landing Systems Wheel & Brake Services is a subsidiary of Safran USA and is part of the Safran Group. Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. It has over 79,000 employees in as many as 26 countries with a large presence in the United States with employees in 24 states. Safran Landing Systems Wheel & Brake Services is a licensed FAA repair facility providing rapid-response aircraft wheel and brake repairs with facilities in Milwaukee, WI, Miami, FL, Bethlehem, PA, Grand Prairie, TX, and Las Vegas, NV.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial statements and yearly budgets. This includes assisting with tax preparation, working closely with the purchasing and inventory management teams, and providing leadership to the staff that performs daily and month-end close and reporting operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures that financial statements are accurate, complete and generated on a timely basis.
· Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a timely basis while providing appropriate supporting data.
· Participates in annual planning, projections, and budget.
· Works with inventory and purchasing teams to ensure desired inventory turnaround times.
· Assists in cash management activities and the preparation of cash flow projections.
· Analyzes revenue and costs on program and customer basis.
· Assists and counsels department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data and recommends courses of action to maximize profitability.
· Provides assistance and oversight during the external audit process.
· Provides tax support assistance to ensure accurate tax preparation.
· Maintains, monitors, and enhances company-wide internal control processes, including physical inventory counts.
· Assists customers and vendors with accounting related topics
· Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong problem-solving skills and technical abilities; ability to think and plan in a proactive and innovative matter.
· Outstanding analytical and statistical technical skills.
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
· Highly organized and process oriented with an ability to multitask and excel in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
· Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
· Strong attention to detail and professional demeanor to represent the organization in meetings with customers and vendors.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Minimum of three years of accounting and/or finance experience, preferably in public accounting,
· CPA license preferred.
This position may require travel up to 15% of the time.
Safran Landing Systems Wheel & Brake Services is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject to an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate as set forth in the Executive Order.