Security Officer Job at Wilson James in Milton Keynes
Would you like to be part of something amazing? Our people are our greatest asset and we invest in career progression and personal development so that you can be a part of a workforce that remains focused, dedicated, and happy. We collaborate, we raise standards and we win awards. So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James as a Relief Security Officer?
Wilson James is recruiting for an exciting position as Security Relief Officer based in Milton Keynes for a leading bank.
Our team is looking for an experienced Security Relief Officer to cover and support the site security operations. There is a high level of customer service required for this role so the successful candidate will need to possess exceptional customer service and communication skills. There may be potential overtime shifts available across the portfolio located in Milton Keynes, Bletchley & Shenley Wood.
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic individual who wants to be part of a progressive, diverse and inclusive working family. The successful candidate will preferably have experience working in front of house positions. This role is for you if you are hardworking, proactive, punctual, and enjoy working within a team. The shift patterns will vary depending on the cover requirements, so you will need to be flexible. The normal shift is 12 hours but may vary dependent on circumstance.
We will look forward to receiving your application.
Main responsibilities will include patrolling, access control, and emergency/incident response and you will need to demonstrate experience of excellent customer service skills and be comfortable working in a busy environment.
- Meeting and greeting of visitors and guests
- Site security patrols
- Conducting access control and badge verifications
- Loading-bay duties
- First Aider (If Trained)
- Fire marshall
- To ensure that all appropriate SIA Licences is on display at all times while at work
Excellent training and development, SIA licence costs, annual leave entitlement, auto enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit
Shifts/Hours: 12-hour shifts. Days, Nights & Weekends. 120 guaranteed hours per month. Salary: £9.77 per hour
- Valid Security Guarding or Door Supervisor SIA licence
- Exceptional Customer service skills and verbal communication
- Enthusiastic professional approach
- Be punctual and reliable
- A team player and have a good personal presentation
- Flexible approach to their work
- Appropriate knowledge of security operations
- Good working knowledge of IT systems
- SIA Door Supervisor licence
- SIA CCTV Public Surveillance licence
*Please mark the smartrecruitonline.com domain as “Safe” or add it to your whitelist to ensure you receive our emails*
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Wilson James are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.77 per hour
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- security: 1 year (Required)
- SIA or DS Licence (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Wilson James
Company Location: Milton Keynes