Security Officer Job at Wilson James in Grangemouth
Wilson James provides services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
We employ more than 5,000 brilliant people across security, construction logistics and aviation services.
We celebrate diversity. With more than 75 nationalities represented in the Wilson James family, we are a truly inclusive company.
Wilson James is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position, however each case will be assessed on an individual basis.
For information about Wilson James’ commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please see our website.
We are seeking a well turned out, flexible and enthusiastic Security Officer to join the team providing support to security operations. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate and enhance your customer service skills while based in this busy environment.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a large diverse team covering around 12 different posts at a major oil & gas refinery in Grangemouth. As part of this role you will be International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) trained and engage in frequent interaction with clients.
- Greet visitors to the site in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure the safety and assurance of client personnel
- Report & liaise on a daily basis with the Team to ensure effective communication of all matters pertaining to the delivery of a high standard professional security service.
- To provide a first-line response to all incidents, Fire, Security and Health & Safety and manage these in accordance with laid down procedures.
- To raise the profile of security and fire prevention ensuring that customers are well informed at all times of procedures and processes.
- Ensure you work in safe conditions, acting upon all reports of accidents and faults and that staff carry out their duties in accordance with procedures and policies.
Excellent training and development, SIA licence costs, annual leave entitlement, auto enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit, site-specific industry related training.
Shifts/Hours: 36 hours per week – Varied shift pattern combination of days and nights.
Hourly rate: £8.72 per hour
- Valid Security Guard (SG) SIA licence.
- Full Driving licence
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Basic IT Skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance in order to ensure team effectiveness and availability.
- First Aid at work certificate
About Our Company*
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 employees. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries.
Reference ID: SO-RD&CC-JAN21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.72 per hour
- Full UK Driving Licence (Required)
- SIA Licence (Security Guarding) (Required)
About the Company
Company: Wilson James
Company Location: Grangemouth