RPAS INSTRUCTOR Job at Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre – in Breslau, ON
Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre (WWFC) is a dynamic flight training facility with more than 80 years of history, and one of the top manned aviation schools in Canada. WWFC is a not-for-profit organization and has continued to grow over the years. We provide members of the aviation community the opportunity to pursue their goals supported by the highest quality resources in the safest environment.
The Remote Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) program was established in 2014 and has been a leader in the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Industry ever since. We have an opening for a part-time RPAS Instructor.
RPAS INSTRUCTOR (PART- TIME)
This position is responsible for course delivery, customer inquiries, flight reviews and assists with expanding and developing new course curriculum as needs arise.
· Enhance current course content and curriculum
· Update course notes and presentations as required.
· Deliver in class high-level technology course content to trainees.
· Provide ongoing support, guidance and supervision to trainees.
· Demonstrate activities and sample missions.
· Work with students to achieve a successful flight test.
Promotion & Communication
· Assist with social media posts and engagement.
· Promote the RPAS programs at events and tradeshows.
· Participate in industry working groups and discussion forums.
· Engage/Host Alumni events and workshops.
· Adhere to all safety regulations, guidelines and safety standards as required
· Demonstrate the Company mission, vision and values statement, policies and current business practices
· Performs other duties as required
· Advanced RPAS certificate with at least 2 years of flying experience.
· Manned aircraft license preferred.
· Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
· Previous teaching experience or course development a very strong asset
· Demonstrated excellence in communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to communicate in a clear, accurate, concise and professional manner.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and the ability to prioritize.
· PPT & other Microsoft Office competence
· Drive/desire to grow the UAS activity within the objectives of the organization strategic plan.
· Proven ability to work as a team and take direction with minimal supervision.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process.
Application deadline: 2022-01-24
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $20,400.00 per year
As a federally regulated company all employees have to be fully vaccinated and wear mask at work.
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Waterloo Wellington Flight Centre –
Company Location: Breslau, ON