Risk Manager Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon’s Global Risk Management and Claims team is seeking an Insurance Risk Manager to develop and manage Amazon’s insurance programs, with a focus on Property programs. In this role, you will rotate in managing Property, Foreign Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto Liability, Cyber, Aviation, Trade Credit, and other insurance programs.
Reporting to a Risk Manager within Treasury, this position will join a technical risk team that is responsible for assessing, mitigating, and managing Amazon’s global insurance programs. Successful candidate is a strong team player with willingness to “roll up their sleeves,” is able to earn trust quickly, and is effective at managing risk with and through others.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop insurance renewal strategies and program design/structure that align with Sr. Leadership’s risk tolerance, including use of risk transfer, captives, and self-insurance.
- Manage the Statement of Values for Amazon, accounting for and tracking total assets and developing Business Interruption calculations.
- Manage relationships with brokers, carriers, vendors, and other peers in the industry.
- Effectively communicate/recommended risk mitigation strategies to cross functional and senior leadership teams.
- Collect, evaluate, and deliver underwriting information necessary for insurance renewals.
- Partner with internal stakeholders on insurance program design, retentions, and claims management.
- Work with global business units to develop insurance product offerings and implement strategies to solve expanding business needs.
- Assist with risk assessments and mitigation.
- Review and implement appropriate insurance and risk management processes in merger and acquisition activity.
- Utilize and/or establish analytics, metrics and benchmarking through multiple sources to evaluate loss trends and cost of risk to prioritize resources. (E.g. Risk Management Information System, actuarial reports, and broker data)
- Assist in developing business proposals and case studies for presentation to senior leaders.Basic Qualifications
- 7+ years of brokerage, insurance consulting, or related startup experience.
- Subject matter expertise in Property insurance programs
- Experience managing insurers, brokers, and related vendors.
- Possess advance computer skills, including Word, Excel, and data analytic capabilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA