RAMP/Baggage Handling Agents – PERTH Airport Job at FRONT AGE CONSULTING – in Kewdale WA
Front Age Consulting was established in 2015 and is one of Australia’s largest employment-focused training and recruitment consultancy firm that specialises in the Aviation industry on a National and Global level.
In Australia, we operate in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart. Globally, we have partners in Asia Pacific countries and will be actively expanding to these regions in the next 3 years.
Due to some large recruitment drive we have coming up with one of our Major clients, we are seeking suitable candidates to work as RAMP/Baggage Handling Agents at the Airport. These are Casual roles, varies between 20-40 hours per week, paying good award wage, annual leaves, sick leaves, holiday pay and Superannuation. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all interested Applicants who have Australian/NZ Citizenship/ PR’s Partner Visa/ PR Bridging visa , Australian Permanent Residency. Indigenous applicants are highly recommended to apply.
· Must be Physically Fit and able to do repetitive labour-intensive workload (A lot of walking, bending, and lifting up to 30kg)
· Solid English and communication skills both written and verbal
· Computer literate and technology savvy in order to learn and operate Ground Services Equipment
· Must have a commitment and available to work 24/7 rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays and is flexible to do overtime in some occasions
· High attention to detail and ability to follow instructions from supervisors
· Able to prioritise tasks and good time management skills
· Well-groomed and immaculate presentation
· Can-do attitude in order to succeed in a dynamic and fast paced environment
· Must be able to pass pre-employment medical for physical/drug/alcohol
· Must have a current valid driver Licence of minimum P and above, with reliable transport
· Must be Australian citizen , permanent residents, NZ citizen , PR’s partner visa,PR bridging visa due to ASIC Pass requirements
– No experience required
Job Duties: –
Airlines need ramp agents to safely guide their planes into gates and then push them back out again. Ramp agents are also responsible for all ground servicing of a commercial airliner, including loading and unloading of baggage and cargo. Ramp agents typically operate a variety of machinery and equipment, including baggage loader belts, diesel pushback tractors and small baggage cart tugs. In cold weather, ramp agents operate aircraft de-icing trucks, working aloft to spray de-icer fluids on assigned airliners and etc.
· Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the ramp at all times
· Monitor customer safety during boarding and deplaning, and assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner
· Marshal aircraft on the ramp (e.g. directing, assisting, and parking all arriving, departing and towed aircraft)
· Transfer cargo (including luggage) to other gates, other airlines and to passengers
· Observe safe ground-handling procedures and maintenance of ground service equipment, including the performance of equipment checks
· Responsible for courteous, prompt, accurate and careful handling of customer baggage, airfreight and company material; continuous lifting, loading/unloading, sorting and transfer of baggage, freight and company material
· Service aircraft as needed (e.g. aircraft lavatories, potable water, window wash, de-icing and commissary items)
· Assist in ramp set up and storage of equipment and baggage
· Constantly communicate with flight crew personnel and other ground personnel
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor and manager
Please forward us a cover letter and resume to apply. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to high volume of applications. Those that have applied with us before and unsuccessful do not need to re-apply.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $26.00 – $61.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kewdale WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: FRONT AGE CONSULTING –
Company Location: Kewdale WA