Ramp Agent – Sun Country – Fly for Free Immediately! Job at Sun Country Airlines – 3.4 in Minneapolis, MN
Ramp Agent – Part Time (4 Day and 5 Day schedules available!) $16.50/Hour With Flight Benefits [After 90 days of part time service, pay increases to $17.00/Hour]
Paid Training! Flight Benefits Start Day immediately after 5 days of training! Join us part time and grow with the fastest growing airline in the US!
When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, you are joining an experienced team of driven and talented employees. We affordably connect guests to their favorite people, places and memories, and we do it by cultivating a culture that encourages our team to pursue their passions in the air and on the ground – allowing you to Fly at the Speed of Life. We take pride in our company, culture, and comradery, and would love to have you join us.
The MSP Ramp Agent position is responsible for the handling of customer baggage which may include the loading and unloading, operation of ground service equipment including deicing, and marshaling in and pushing back the aircraft.
*This position is part-time with variable hours. Hours scheduled may be between 15 – 30 hours per week, depending on business needs.
- Load and unload baggage, cargo, and co-mail of various weight and dimensions to and from aircraft and airport baggage areas (baggage make-up area and/or inbound bag room)
- Operate ground service equipment to service the aircraft and its passengers
- Marshal aircraft to and from gates (e.g. directing, assisting, and parking all arriving, departing, and towed aircraft)
- Service aircraft as needed (e.g. aircraft lavatories, window wash, potable water, and deicing)
- Operate heavy, motorized machinery/equipment including, but not limited to tugs, tractors, belt loaders, bag carts, pushback tractors, deicers, etc.
- Lift, load, unload, and transport customer bags and cargo to/from aircraft’s, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Perform aircraft interior cleaning as required
- Stock aircraft and carts with necessary supplies as required, i.e. Inflight magazines and lavatory supplies
- Responsible for checking aircraft for leading-edge ice and frost
- Apply Deice Fluid Type 1 or Type 4 to aircraft wings, fuselage, and tail
- Responsible for driving large, heavy vehicles around aircraft while the de-icing operation is being performed
- Responsible for accurate accounting of de-icing fluid transactions
- Responsible for aircraft security searches as required
- Assist with aircraft turn cleaning
- Assist with the transportation of crew members across the airfield
- Direct the ground handling, transporting, sorting, loading, and unloading of mail
- Assist in the ground handling, scanning, transporting, sorting, loading, and unloading of mail
- Ensure ramp areas are safe and free of Foreign Objects Debris (FOD) and that all ground service equipment is properly maintained
- Follow safety regulations, which include the proper use of ground service equipment and wearing proper safety items
- Any other duties assigned by management
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be on a remote location for extended periods of time in outdoor elements
Must be able to obtain an MSP SIDA badge and Customs Seal.
After 90 days of part time service, pay increases to $15.00/Hour
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sun Country Airlines is an E-Verify Employer. We participate in the web-based system that allows the company to verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Sun Country Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace for all Safety-Sensitive functions.  A safety-sensitive function, as described in 14 CFR part 120, §§ 120.105 and 120.215, includes a flight crewmember, flight attendant, flight instructor, aircraft dispatcher, aircraft maintenance or preventive maintenance, ground security coordinator, aviation screener, air traffic controller, and operations control specialist. I understand and acknowledge that I will be required to undergo a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug test for the following prohibited drug (as defined in 49 CFR § 40.85) prior to being hired or transferred into a Department of Transportation (DOT) safety-sensitive position as defined in 14 CFR part 120: All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP).
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE:
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $16.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Sun Country has maintained the priority of employee safety through the Covid-19 pandemic by following CDC and local government guidelines. There will be instances you will be asked to be on site at your assigned work location becaus
- Are you at least 18 years of age or older?
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Sun Country Airlines – 3.4
Company Location: Minneapolis, MN