Ramp Agent – Saint John Airport Job at Menzies Aviation – in Saint John, NB
The Ramp Agent is responsible for unloading and loading luggage, freight and cargo on and off commercial aircraft, in the outbound bag room and the baggage claim area. Driving and operating small specialized commercial vehicles. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching and frequent kneeling. Adheres to all standards, procedures ensuring all work is performed safely and is supported by following established procedures and protocols.
Main Accountabilities Include:
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs. of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
- Performs aircraft Marshalling and Wing Walking
- Ensures safe operation and proper handling of passenger baggage, freight and mail
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Operate motorized equipment including but not limited to belt loaders, tow tractors, baggage tractors, tow bars, ASU, GPU, vans, dollies, air stairs, loader
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Ensure tasks are performed in accordance with Company and Airline specific procedures and policies.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass and maintain the DA AVOP issued by the Airport Authority (both written & practical)
- Must be able to push, pull lift up to 70lbs when required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
- Must have a valid Provincial driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be able to meet and maintain the security level required for this position.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays if required.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions, work is primarily outdoors.
- Reliability, our customer and your fellow employees rely on you.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Pay: $14.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint John, NB (preferred)
- Are you legally authorized to work in Canada?
- Have you ever held a RAIC?
- Have you ever held a DA/AVOP?
- Are you able to work all shifts as assigned, including early mornings, nights, weekends and/or holidays?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- aviation: 1 year (preferred)
- ramp/ground handling: 1 year (preferred)
- driver’s license (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Menzies Aviation –
Company Location: Saint John, NB