Qualified Instructor Job at Ascent Flight Training Sleaford, Lincolnshire
A little bit about us
Ascent Flight Training is an established, yet growing aerospace and training company which operates across the UK, delivering flying training services to the UK Government.
We want to attract and work with innovative, adaptable and proactive people to help us achieve One Mission as One Team.
We offer the opportunity to work in a flexible, dynamic and diverse environment within our Training Support Hub and on our operations sites.
You will bring expertise and fresh ideas to an environment where your contribution is really valued.
At Ascent, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our partners and our customer. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
A day in the life of an Ascent Qualified Instructor
As a Qualified Instructor (QI) you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of ground instruction to Fixed Wing trainees. The role combines classroom instruction in a wide ranging syllabus of aviation subjects and operation of a variety of pilot and mission aircrew Ground Based Training Equipment (GBTE). If you are interested in joining our exceptional Ground School team, keep reading to find out more details on this exciting role.
- Deliver aviation subjects to a variety of trainees and staff using Computer Aided classroom lessons, including the invigilation of exams.
- Assist instructional designers and Aircrew Training Specialists as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development and maintenance of courseware.
- Work in partnership with our customer, and other stakeholders, to ensure that our dependencies and expectations are delivered on time, to quality and within budgeted cost.
- Conduct other related tasks as directed by the CQI
- Have the opportunity to take part in innovation work for the future of UK MFTS
What will make you successful?
You will already have a breadth of instructional experience, having taught in an aviation environment. You will thrive when working with Military trainees across all levels, using your strong communications skills.
Previous experience in a ‘Elementary or Multi-Engine Flying Training’ role would be extremely advantageous and experience in a synthetic training device would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
Above all else you will thrive when instructing trainees and helping them to strive for success.
You should already be an excellent communicator and you will be accustomed to working with different levels of ability so that you can nurture the full spectrum of trainees. You will be working in an environment which is heavily customer focused, ensuring the company provides a first class service at all times.
And you will also:
- Have experience of multi-facetted flying disciplines, combining leadership and airmanship to provide a positive learning environment.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working in collaboration with other teams.
- Have strong presentational skills, targeting a wide audience of varying abilities.
- Be able to develop and update courseware with emerging ‘best practise’ and updates as required.
- Fully engage with the RAF Safety Culture.
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive salary
- Equivalent to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Extra days with length of service)
- Private AXA health care for you and your family
- Pension plan (Up to 6% matched)
- Life Assurance (Up to 3 times your annual salary)
- Flexible benefits (Buying and selling of holiday, BUPA dental, cycle2work scheme, retail discounts)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay
- Enhanced company sick pay which increases with length of service
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 free and confidential legal and wellbeing advice)
- Annual reviews of your salary and individual learning and development plan
- Mental Health Support and subscription to the Unmind platform for you and a plus one
- Free eye tests for DSE users and money towards any subsequent corrective glasses.
About the Company
Company: Ascent Flight Training
Company Location: Sleaford, Lincolnshire