Purchaser/Expeditor Job at Field Aviation – in Mississauga, ON
Procure all material, parts and services as required to ensure accurate and timely delivery to in line with department schedules while meeting or exceeding cost targets.
Essential Job Functions:
· Review baseline budget/historic cost and confirm prices of known purchased materials and services;
· Set up material baseline budget in the project summary report;
· Maintain the actual, committed, forecasted/historic costs for materials and purchased services;
· Work with the management team to schedule, order and ensure delivery of materials and services in a cost-effective manner;
· Generate requests for quote as required, to support the department requirements;
· Ensure required materials are purchased and expedited in a timely manner and made available in accordance with schedule;
· Ensure price and delivery dates are agreed in advance and documented on the purchase order; revise PO to update delivery date changes as they occur.
· Issue purchase orders for material and services and follow up accordingly;
· Ensure purchasing practices, pricing, material quality and delivery schedules for required materials meet company objectives;
· Ensure that procurement activities are conducted in accordance with the Maintenance/Manufacturing Policy Manual, the Quality Assurance Procedures and other company Policies and Procedures;
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
· 3 years’ experience in production or manufacturing control environment and inventory management processes.
· 3 years purchasing experience, preferably in the aviation industry.
· In Managing Relationship
· Negotiation and Persuasion
· Interpersonal Skills
· Communicating in writing and orally
· E1 Procurement
· High School graduate, post-secondary education an asset.
· Aerospace or equivalent experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $50,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- purchasing: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Field Aviation –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON