Project Manager Job at CGI – in Surrey
CGI Space has an exciting opportunity to work as a Project Manager for projects delivering and supporting crucial software (and possibly hardware) for projects in the Aerospace and Assured Space Systems domain.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading their project team to deliver an agreed baseline, while managing project finances, reporting, schedule and risks. This will require direct interaction with the client, end-users and partner organisations, so presentational and interpersonal skills are important. The projects may involve both Agile and Waterfall methodologies as appropriate for the particular project or workpackage.
Security Clearance: SC required / SC Clearable
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Leading a highly skilled project team to deliver high assurance, mission-critical and potentially safety-critical software solutions for a clients
- Agree work packages on a regular basis with client, working with the Design Authority to capture, prioritise and manage requirements
- Ensure that development, deployment and related technical activity is suitably planned, prioritised and managed
- Manage project reporting (externally and internally), finances, schedule and risks
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Demonstrated ability to understand high level technical concepts and communicate issues clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Track record of delivering high-assurance, mission-critical software solutions.
- Working collaboratively and building strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including documentation of work instruction and local procedures
- Working in complex IT project environment throughout the project lifecycle
- Project financing and reporting
- Working in a fast moving, complex Customer oriented environment with multiple stake-holders
- Working on safety-critical solutions/ track record of Aviation standards (e.g. DO-178B/C)
- Track record of working within the Space sector and/or Aerospace Sector
Our working approach is built around our client’s needs. That’s not to say yours aren’t important too and in a post-pandemic world, we want to extend the offer of an open discussion to you as to whether a role can be office or home-based, flexible or hybrid.
We celebrate and reward our colleagues through a variety of methods, and we promote the health and well-being of our members through a range of programs and activities. We are also committed to ensuring a safe work environment through the prevention of harmful workplace incidents including physical harm, harassment and violence.
Unconditionally inclusive – we know diversity brings a great greater variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences to the workplace. We actively encourage diversity at CGI and inclusivity is one of our top priorities, with support networks for Parents, Women, LGBT+, BAME, Neurodiversity and Disability.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Finance & Accounting
About the Company
Company: CGI –
Company Location: Surrey