Project Executive, Engineering Job at IDA Ireland – in Sligo
The EIT and Green Economy team has a target of 60 Engineering investments and 2,500 jobs over the four years of IDA’s Driving Sustainable Recovery strategy. The team works with a base of clients across core sub-sectors such as Aviation, Automotive, Industrial Technologies and manufacturing sub-supply. Working in the Engineering and Industrial Technologies team presents an opportunity to get to know some of the world’s best-known industrial companies. The client base comprises next generation technology development (machine vision, IoT, industrial automation) as well as manufacturing and services activities. Many companies’ Irish entities have been significantly impacted by the pandemic, and with increasing global competition, are in need of support for challenging innovation and transformation agendas.
Key competencies and responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
Sales & Marketing
Ø Work with the global team to clearly identify and profile contestable markets in the US & Europe, and effectively support the development of the business pipeline to deliver investment
Ø Work with the global team in the preparation and implementation of impactful site visits that enhance our ability to secure investment;
Ø Actively manage the sales pipeline on CRM by maintaining and updating information on opportunities with existing companies, target companies, influencers and department contacts;
Ø Analyse Engineering & Industrial Technologies sub-sectors of strategic interest with a view to identifying new investment opportunities;
Communications & Personal Effectiveness
Ø Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
Ø Have an ability to lead challenging and impactful conversations with a cross section of EIT clients
Ø Present proposals to Internal IDA Committees and to the IDA Board, with clarity and impact;
Knowledge of the Business
Ø Undertake comprehensive analysis of companies with the potential to deliver positive economic benefits in Ireland, within the context of IDA support mechanisms;
Ø Demonstrate an understanding of how to pursue a transformation agenda with a range of clients
Ø Demonstrate an ability to quickly interpret and understand business plans and company accounts, and to communicate those plans to Department Management and internal IDA Committees
Client Focused Relationship Building
Ø Drive effective client engagement in partnership with the global team through extensive client meetings;
Ø Work effectively with other teams within and outside IDA to achieve Engineering and Industrial Technology and Green Economy Department goals
Leadership & Management
Ø Show where in previous roles, you have taken a leadership role to achieve desired outcomes, and how you specifically contributed to those outcomes
Negotiating & Influencing
Ø Demonstrate the ability to influence decision making with stakeholders who will help to achieve the Engineering and Industrial Technology Department’s goals;
Ø Manage an Engineering and Industrial Technologies client portfolio including through the lens of the client segmentation and CDC process, and other work tasks that are assigned to this role;
Creativity and Innovation
Ø Work with the global team on the continuous development of new and impactful value propositions and marketing collateral for the Green Economy
Ø Work individually and with colleagues to develop innovative solutions to client challenges that may arise from time to time.
· Flexibility in undertaking additional tasks that can arise or are assigned to this role.
· A third level qualification, to a minimum of degree standard, in a public policy, economic or business-related discipline.
· A full current driving license.
· Ability to work well under pressure, flexibly and independently on own initiative.
· Flexibility to undertake international and domestic travel and to outside of standard office hours when required.
· Ongoing interest in career progression and development via opportunities which may arise in IDA’s offices throughout Ireland and Overseas.
· Ensuring that IDA’s values of People, Professionalism, Passion for Performance and Public Service are upheld at all times.
· Ensuring that principles of dignity, respect, equality and inclusiveness are applied within and outside the Organisation and that a work-life balance is supported as much as possible in the workplace.
· Ensuring that continuous learning and development is undertaken through informal and formal learning and participation in the Performance Management and Development Review Process.
· Demonstrating flexibility in undertaking additional tasks as may be assigned.
· Adherence to Health & Safety legislation ensuring employee safety at all times.
€43,907 Non negotiable
Closing Date: 21st April 2021
Please quote ref 2021-10 on all correspondence
IDA Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We encourage you to reach out to us directly should you require assistance or reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process with IDA Ireland.
Reference ID: 2021-10
Application deadline: 21/4/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €42,907.00 per year
- Client relationship management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: IDA Ireland –
Company Location: Sligo