Project Coordinator Job at Adxba Ltd in Hyde
Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Projects
This role is designed to work within the Operations Team to maintain the day to day running and planning of our on-site project teams and Warehousing facilities. This role is vital in ensuring that resources are planned and that progress is tracked and reported correctly.
This role requires strong administrative, coordination and communication skills, managing the submission of permits to local governments and aviation authorities, including, but not limited to, producing job brief packs for the installation teams and coordinating the labour allocated to projects across the company’s portfolio.
As part of this responsibility the Project & Service Coordinator will need to ensure staff have the correct passes to access the sites where our teams’ work is paramount, as well as working with the Project Manager to ensure Risk and Method Statements are completed before works can commence.
Working within an innovative technology business, you will be carrying out a high paced, challenging and demanding role, where the ability to work within and outside of a team is essential.
- Day-to-day logistics of the business
- Long and short term project planning
- Implementation of resource and project schedules working with Head of Projects
- Coordination of both internal and external resource
- Ensuring cost data is inputted into jobs and financial trackers to allow budgetary tracking
- Raising and managing supplier purchase orders when instructed by Project Managers
- Working with the Design Manager to ensure the right parts are ordered in time for installation
- Creation of job packs for Engineers including drawings, RAMS and Checklists
- Creation of hand-over packs for internal & external Service Teams
- Coordination of snagging works, H&S Files and Handover Documentation
- Support the Projects Team as required with permits and local authority approvals.
- Health and Safety of the business
- Ensure that Construction Phase Plans and RAMS are stored correctly and submitted to key stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner
- Coordinate H&S audits during Project and maintenance execution, arranging internal and external audits and resolving corrective actions
- Active participation in the Engineers safety training sessions
- Working Site Relationships and Requirements
- Ensure proactive communication with clients and key stakeholders to produce progress reports after each shift as required
- Build relationships and rapport with local authorities and establish the process for permit submissions in each locale.
- Attend Pre-Start Meetings and contribute to the planning of works to be executed.
- Warehousing and Logistics
- Organise and coordinate the layout and departmentalisation of the Warehouse at Head Office.
- Act as the guardian of the delivery and collections process and ensure the correct process is followed.
- Coordinate the placement of stock and materials for each job.
- Financial Coordination and Monitoring
- Ensure that all jobs are managed within preferred management applications
- Ensure that all costs related to jobs are tracked and managed including engineers’ expenses, accommodation and travel and material costs
Essential Skills, Experience and/or Qualifications
- Excellent administration skills
- Working knowledge of Gantt charts and project administration software
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent coordination skills
Desirable Skills, Experience and/or Qualifications
- Experience in AV/LED System Integration
- Experience in managing project budgets and tracking costs
- Proactive approach to coordinating works and arranging permissions/approvals with clients/landlords
- SMSTS or SSSTS Qualification
- Proficient in MS Project/Instagantt
- Proficient in Google Applications i.e Gmail, Google Drive, etc.
- Support the Head of Projects to implement and manage our processes
- Strengthen and maintain client relationships
- Work with Project Managers to ensure staff, equipment and stock levels are managed
- Deal with operational staff at client sites to ensure correct delivery of jobs
- Ensure operational staff at client sites are happy with job completed
- To understand and ensure that RAMS have been completed and submitted correctly for appropriate jobs
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers with permits
Position Requirements (knowledge & experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT knowledge (including Microsoft/Google office products)
- The ability to work using your own initiative as well as working within a team
- Good people skills and excellent customer service ethic
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to multitask and understand how to prioritise their workload
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and deal with complaints
This job position is based from the ADXBA Manchester office in Hyde, Cheshire but will require the individual to attend on-site meetings and also be involved in on-site works as required.
This job description sets out the scope and main duties of your role. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties will vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
Reference ID: ProjectCoordinator
Application deadline: 22/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,500.00-£27,500.00 per year
All our teams are working safely and office staff working from home.
- Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Adxba Ltd
Company Location: Hyde