Production Planner , Airframes Job at CHC Helicopters – in Richmond, BC
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
Heli-One is looking for a Production Planner, Airframes. The Production Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining an overall production capacity plan for hangar projects and the workshop, taking into account sales forecast, capacity, current & future shop productivity & delivery performance, inventory requirements. The Planner is also responsible for initiating and driving internal and cross-organizational continuous improvement projects reducing TATs, reducing waste, & increasing capacity.
- Previous aviation maintenance experience, knowledge, and familiarity with product types
- Exposure to production processes and supply chain management
- 3-5 years of relevant experience planning & executing projects
- Proven track record of project team leadership with production improvement results
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload
- Results orientated
- Strong communication skills and proven problem solving/analytical skills
- Good understanding of financial implications of asset management
- Able to use multiple databases to review/create work packages and prepare schedules and reports
- Team player with ability to work unsupervised
- Computer skills in maintenance software systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to support AOG /PAOG Requirements
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License
- Specific experience related to aircraft maintenance and shop environment.
- Works in a typical office setting, with light physical demands and minimal exposure to hazards – office and team is located within the workshops
- Some exposure to noise, fumes, gas, chemicals, dust or dirt
- Occasionally exposed to temperature fluctuations or humidity
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain induction forecasts for airframe projects and the structures/avionics and paint shop.
- Ensure overall material requirements for the hangar and shop are available as identified in the appropriate timeline.
- Interface with Logistics Organization to ensure targets are met through the Sales, Operations & Planning (SOP) process.
- Collaborate with manager and supervisor to ensure capacity and resource forecasted demand is met.
- Coordinate the creation and monitoring of relevant production data and history for each major process.
- Produce required status reports of all hangar and shop activities and initiatives.
- Lead daily production reviews and collaborate with supervisor to define resource allocation on a per-shift basis to optimize utilization of staff & materials.
- Develop and measure applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Collaborate with manager /supervisor/appointed certifying staff final, ensuring shop production readiness
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to integrate requirements and ensure optimization of hangar and workshops capacity and meeting of customer requirements
- Support manager and supervisor reflecting the business objectives of the organization
About the Company
Company: CHC Helicopters –
Company Location: Richmond, BC