Production Planner Job at Heli-One – in Delta, BC
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
Heli-One is looking for a Production Planner for our component shops. The Production Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining an overall production capacity plan for hangar projects and the workshop, taking into account sales forecast, capacity, current & future shop productivity & delivery performance, inventory requirements. The Planner is also responsible for initiating and driving internal and cross-organizational continuous improvement projects reducing TATs, reducing waste, & increasing capacity.
- Develop and maintain induction forecasts for components shops.
- Ensure overall material requirements for the shops are available as identified in the appropriate timeline.
- Interface with Logistics Organization to ensure targets are met through the Sales, Operations & Planning (SOP) process.
- Collaborate with manager and supervisor to ensure capacity and resource forecasted demand is met.
- Coordinate the creation and monitoring of relevant production data and history for each major process.
- Produce required status reports of all hangar and shop activities and initiatives.
- Lead daily production reviews and collaborate with supervisor to define resource allocation on a per-shift basis to optimize utilization of staff & materials.
- Develop and measure applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Collaborate with manager /supervisor/appointed certifying staff final, ensuring shop production readiness
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to integrate requirements and ensure optimization of hangar and workshops capacity and meeting of customer requirements
- Support manager and supervisor reflecting the business objectives of the organization
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Previous aviation maintenance experience, knowledge, and familiarity with product types
- Exposure to production processes and supply chain management
- 3-5 years of relevant experience planning & executing projects
- Proven track record of project team leadership with production improvement results
- Ability to multi-task and manage a heavy workload
- Results orientated
- Strong communication skills and proven problem solving/analytical skills
- Good understanding of financial implications of asset management
- Able to use multiple databases to review/create work packages and prepare schedules and reports
- Team player with ability to work unsupervised
- Computer skills in maintenance software systems and Microsoft Office
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License
- Specific experience related to aircraft maintenance and shop environment.
- Works in a typical office setting, with light physical demands and minimal exposure to hazards – office and team is located within the workshops
- Some exposure to noise, fumes, gas, chemicals, dust or dirt
- Occasionally exposed to temperature fluctuations or humidity
About the Company
Company: Heli-One –
Company Location: Delta, BC