Principal / Senior Principal Water Resources Engineer – Melbourne Job at WSP Melbourne, VIC
At WSP we develop creative, comprehensive and sustainable engineering solutions for a future where society can thrive. Equipped with an intimate understanding of local intricacies, world-class talent and proactive leadership, we plan, design, manage and engineer long lasting and impactful solutions to uniquely complex problems. With 50,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 42 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Due to the ongoing success of our Melbourne Roads, Aviation & Civil business unit, we have an opportunity for a Principal or Senior Principal Water Resources Engineer to join our dynamic team. It is a great opportunity for a high performer to step into design leadership roles on Major Transport Projects in Victoria. We are inviting interest for this position, to be tailored to the candidates experience.
You will have:
- Principal/Senior Principal Water Resources Engineer (15+ years of experience)
- Bachelor or Masters’ level degree in civil or civil/environmental engineering and tertiary qualification, and ideally a post graduate qualification in water resource management
- A high quality technical capability to successfully support hydrological elements of projects in the Transport sector, with the ability to work on all stages of the project lifecycle, from planning to detailed design
- CPEng or equivalent industry recognition will be an advantage
- A good understanding of hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality modelling packages used in environmental assessment and infrastructure design
- Proficiency in software used for hydrology models (RORB, XP-RAFTS, WBMN, AWBM) and hydraulic models (TUFLOW, ICM, XP-SWMM, HEC-RAS, MIKE)
- Experience in leading or undertaking flooding, drainage and water quality studies for environmental assessments and infrastructure design projects across a range of sectors, with a particular focus on Transport, Water and Urban Development sectors
- Understanding and application of ARR 2019 guidelines, and a thorough understanding of Melbourne Water guidelines and procedures
- Worked previously in a consulting environment and be enthusiastic, positive and enjoy working in a high performing team which strives for technical excellence, quality and innovation in delivering safe and sustainable solutions
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written and in consultation with authorities
Additional desirable skills:
- Expertise in any of the following specialist surface water management aspects: hydrological yield analysis, water balance modelling, water quality modelling and urban waterway rehabilitation
- Proficiency in software used for water resource management and water balance (Source, GoldSim), drainage design (12D and DRAINS), water quality modelling (MUSIC) and associated GIS software programs (ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake surface water assessments to support environmental assessments / approvals for projects in the Transport sector
- Undertake surface water modelling and design for civil infrastructure projects in the Transport sector
- Use GIS software to manage, interpret and present hydrological data and outputs of surface water modelling analyses
- Prepare environmental assessment and design reports to a high standard
- Assist in developing less experienced engineers in a collaborative team environment, and for more senior roles have experience in client interaction and the ability to lead drainage design elements of small to medium size infrastructure projects to budget, time and client expectations
We welcome candidates considering part-time, or other flexible working arrangements in our team.
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work for one of the largest engineering consultancies in the world along with a supported career path for a very successful future.
We are a collaborative team of experts that thrives on challenge and unconventional thinking. Join us in doing purposeful, sustainable work that helps shape our communities and the future!
Benefits at WSP:
- National career opportunities and the ability to work on the nation’s most exciting projects
- Focus on personalised career growth
- Recognition for professional and team achievements
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives like yoga or meditation
- Organisation that truly values and practices flexible working options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Possibility to purchase up to 4 weeks’ additional annual leave
- Excellent Professional and technical development training opportunities
- Mentoring and career development programs
- Salary continuance insurance
Express your interest by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the Company
Company Location: Melbourne, VIC