Principal Product Manager – Prime Air Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
We’re developing the future of transportation that will solve extreme-scale, real world challenges. If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
As a Principal Product Manager, you will exercise your leadership skills as you work with stakeholders and senior management to define business direction and couple customer experience with the right operational design. Understanding the intricacies of Amazon’s fulfillment and transportation networks will be paramount. You will flex your technical acumen to optimize how our technology fits together with these networks. This will require translating operational levers and inputs into solutions that efficiently dovetail with broader Amazon operations. This role will require coordination across many internal teams and the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of building relationships and earning trust at all levels. You must be comfortable having technical debates with research scientists and other technical stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated product manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, and work to improve the customer experience. Being an aviation enthusiast is a plus.
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Minimum of 8+ years of product management and/or business development experience in technology
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience translating customer needs into engineering requirements and delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Minimum of 5 years of experience building and leading diverse product teams
- Experienced with SQL, Tableau, Python, R and/or other data modeling/data-mining software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience communicating and presenting project status updates to senior management
- Experience working in an operational setting, include field operations or operational planning functions
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA