PM Supervisor Job at DHL Express – in Hounslow
United Kingdom-Hounslow-Middlesex | Full-time | Permanent | Standard
Hours: Tuesday to Friday 15:15-02:15
40 hours per week, with 1 hour unpaid break.
RCS Grade: LL
- On a day to day basis, organise and direct various aspects of the warehouse/ramp operation ensuring all operational requirements and standards are met consistently through clear direction and effective communication.
- Monitor and report on performance of suppliers ensuring that a high level of service is provided and maintained at all times.
- Produce and analyse productivity and performance reports identifying issues, taking action and recommending improvements/changes to the relevant Operations Manager as necessary.
- Set, measure and review targets and objectives for staff as appropriate.
- Utilise all available and applicable training opportunities to ensure all staff are fully trained to a standard which allows them to carry out their duties competently and efficiently.
- Assist with the recruitment of new employees as relevant.
- Lead, motivate and if necessary discipline staff through high levels of communication skills ensuring a fully competent positive workforce able to meet their accountabilities in line with the company/departmental objectives.
- Monitor and control all network equipment (ULD’s, CMP’s, G bins) ensuring LHR operational requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure all routing/timing changes are communicated and applied effectively.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with numerous outside Agencies (Airlines, Airport authorities, Customs and Excise) ensuring DHL’s interests are not compromised.
- Monitor and ensure that all required standards such as Health and Safety, Security, ISO9002, QPulse as well as the strict laws pertaining to Customs and Excise, Dangerous Goods and DFT are fully complied with.
- Undertake operational project work as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Must be able to pass advanced ULD and Airside Supervisor Courses.
- To cover the Senior Supervisor in his absence.
Skills & Knowledge required
- Sound knowledge of commercial airline operations at LHR
- Sound knowledge of DHL network operations at LHR
- Qualified to minimum of Dangerous Goods category 10 preferred
- Excellent decision maker
- Inspirational leader and motivator
- Highest standards of communication skills are essential
- Excellent developer and team builder
- Excellent knowledge of DHL network essential
- Sound knowledge of airline operations
LHR London Heathrow
ULD Unit Loading Device
CMP Collapsable Metal Pallet
Posting Legal Entity DHL Aviation (UK) Limited
About the Company
Company: DHL Express –
Company Location: Hounslow