Pilot – First Officer – Airborne Maritime Surveillance Division Job at PAL Airlines St. John’s, NL
PAL Aerospace is driven by technology and is proud to be a pioneer of industry-leading innovations in airborne special missions. PAL Aerospace is a leader in international aerospace and defense design, development and operation of airborne surveillance aircraft, heavy maintenance checks and software applications. We provide a wide range of aviation and related services to domestic and international markets.
With a secure future in offshore surveillance, PAL Aerospace is actively recruiting a First Officer to join our team on a full-time basis, working on exciting, rewarding, and unique programs at our Halifax, NS operation.
In a position of a First Officer on the King Air for the Airborne Maritime Surveillance Division (AMSD), your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to the Pilot-in-Command for carrying out specific duties in connection with the operation of the aircraft to which you are assigned.
- Assist in Flight Planning and other preparations for the flight as directed by the Pilot-in-Command.
- Carry out such duties in flight as are assigned to you by the Pilot-in- Command in connection with flight, navigation, communications etc.
- In the event the Pilot-in-Command becomes unable to carry out their duties, by reasons of illness, injuries or other reasons, the Second-in-Command will assume command of the flight and take steps necessary to ensure the safety of the aircraft.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Commercial Pilot License (ATPL considered an asset)
- Must have completed IATRA or ATPL exams
- Valid Transport Canada Class 1 Medical
- 1500 hours Minimum Total Time
- 500 hours on type or similar turbine
- 250 hours multi-engine
- Demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Valid passport as candidates will be required to travel to the USA for training
- Must be able to obtain required security clearances
What we offer:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Opportunities for growth
PAL Aerospace is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
About the Company
Company: PAL Airlines
Company Location: St. John’s, NL