Pilot/Aircraft Captain Job at Honeywell – 3.7 in Phoenix, AZ
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join Honeywell’s Flight Operations team!
Our mission is to be a “world class” Corporate Flight Operations Department by providing personnel and equipment to support our Corporation’s aviation transportation needs, flight test activities and aerospace marketing efforts. We strive for continuous improvement in our flight operations and responsiveness to our customer’s needs while providing a rewarding and satisfying working environment for our employees.
As a Pilot-in-Command (PIC)/Captain, you will operate our corporate Dassault Falcon 7x and 8x aircraft worldwide. Our goal is to provide the safest and most reliable travel experience for Honeywell executives through effective and best in class flight operations. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient conduct of assigned flights. Duties will involve all aspects of pre-flight preparation, in-flight operations and post-flight activities. Flight duties may also include testing or demonstration of company propulsion and avionics products. Additionally, the you will be assigned administrative duties in the flight department commensurate with your skills.
The Pilot-in-Command/Captain reports to the appropriate Chief Pilot.
- Has direct responsibility for the safety of passengers and crew and the comfortable, timely operation of the aircraft. Note: The Pilot-in-Command/Captain will not be subject to coercion by any company departmental managers or customers. Good judgment shall prevail at all times
- Directs the activities of the Second-in-Command and ensures that all crewmembers understand fully and completely what duties they are expected to perform
Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Ensures that the aircraft is airworthy and registered, and all required documentation is on board the aircraft
- Checks weather and all applicable NOTAMs where available, and determines fuel, oil, and oxygen requirements
- Determines the aircraft weight and balance
- Ensures databases are current
- Ensures iPads are updated and adequately charged for the assigned flight
- Ensures that all flight planning requirements have been met
- Ensures that aircraft crewmembers have valid certificates, Medical Certificates, passports.
- Ensures that the flight will not be commenced if a crewmember is incapacitated from performing duties by any cause such as injury, sickness, fatigue, or the effects of any psychoactive substance
- Ensures that the flight will not be continued beyond the nearest suitable airport when a crewmember’s capacity to perform functions is significantly reduced by impairment of faculties from causes such as fatigue, sickness, or lack of oxygen
- Confirms any nonstandard environmental rules and procedures at the intended departure and destination airports
- Completes an aircraft preflight inspection before each departure
- Ensures the arriving passengers are met and checked in on the passenger manifest; Note: The PIC will also present a business card to the lead passenger
- Ensures the Passenger Safety Briefing has been completed
- Operates the aircraft per the Honeywell Flight Operations Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and checklists, and within aircraft limitations
- Continually monitors the amount of usable fuel to ensure a safe landing with appropriate fuel reserves and communicates with ATC during abnormal situations
- Ensures compliance with customs, immigration, and cabotage laws
- Completes all postflight duties, including notifying the Company of deviations to any planned itinerary, schedule, or overnight location
- Records flight times and aircraft defects
- Reports all known or suspected FAA violations or incidents to the appropriate Chief Pilot and/or Vice President, Flight Operations as soon as practical
- Reports any act of unlawful interference to the FAA or State (Mandatory Occurrence Report), as appropriate, and to the designated local authority
- As soon as possible, reports to the appropriate ATC facility any hazardous weather or flight conditions encountered that are likely to affect the safety of other aircraft
- In the event of an accident / incident, preserves flight and cockpit voice recorder data
- Notifies the appropriate authority, by the quickest available means, of any accident involving the aircraft (except where the PIC is incapacitated, when it will become the responsibility of the Vice President, Flight Operations or senior flight crewmember)
- Assumes any duties delegated by the appropriate Chief Pilot
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Airline Transport Pilot Rating (ATP)
- 3000 hours of turbine flight time in fixed wing aircraft
- 1000 hours of PIC in turbine powered aircraft greater than 12,500 pounds
- FAA Class I medical certificate
- Ability to speak and understand the English Language to the proficiency level required by ICAO Annex 1
- Type rating in Dassault Falcon 7X or 8X
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
- Possess the ability to establish effective relationships with executives, customers, and fellow crew members
- Strong customer service skills, high attention to detail and excellent follow-through and responsiveness
- Experience as Pilot-in-Command of business jet type aircraft
- International flying experience (strongly preferred)
- Ability to pass a company pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to pass a background investigation conducted by Honeywell’s Security Department
- Successful completion of initial ground, simulator, and flight training on the applicable aircraft for release to line operations
JOB ID: req272421
Category: Flight Operations
Location: 2802 E Old Tower Road,Phoenix,Arizona,85034,United States
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
About the Company
Company: Honeywell – 3.7
Company Location: Phoenix, AZ