PI System Engineer Job at Viva Energy Docklands, VIC
Ours is a world that is transforming and evolving. Our company purpose is to help people reach their destinations and in line with our sustainability aims, we plan to be part of the energy transition underway, which will involve the supply of the traditional fuels and products we use today while developing the energies and solutions needed for a lower carbon future. It requires people who want to grow and evolve with us. Bright minds, boundless energy, new perspectives and the determination to take us forward. People who can help us deliver the energy products that keep our customers and their businesses moving today, and are committed to building Australia’s energy future for tomorrow. We are the exclusive Shell licensee in Australia, and supply around a quarter of Australia’s fuel through our extensive network of over 1,330 service stations and through our commercial partnerships with some of Australia’s biggest companies in the aviation, marine, transport, resources, construction and manufacturing industries – we help industries reach their destinations too!
About the role
You will add value having focus on the delivery of improvements, upgrades and ongoing maintenance and support of the Viva Energy PI platform. Based at the Geelong Refinery, the PI System Engineer is a business critical role powering the Tech Apps strategy underpinned by industrial COTS (commercial off the shelf) applications, the AVEVA PI platform and the Power Apps platform. The role will be responsible to provide development/configuration, technical and administration support for the PI platform across the landscape as well as supporting the digital transformation and process analytics agenda across the Viva Energy business units. The role allows for flexible work arrangements including virtual working for part of the week (from home / an alternate Viva Energy office e.g. Docklands) in line with the Viva Energy ways of working.
Skills and Experience
You will have experience in a similar role with a passion for solving complex data driven problems while collaborating and triaging issues with different teams supporting different components of the platform. You will love coaching and lifting capability via a PI centre of excellence. You will have developed project management skills with an enhanced customer centricity, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, customer centricity and systems architecture and configuration knowledge.
You will have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field and Technical skills and experience over 5 years in:
- PI Asset Framework: Elements, Event Frames, Analyses, Notifications and use of templates.
- PI integration stack: OPC DA, OPC HDA, UFL, PI-to-PI, SMTP, REST, JSON, SOAP and other data sources.
- PI Client tools: PI Vision, PI DataLink, PI System Explorer, PI-SMT, PI-ICU etc
- SQL databases, queries and tools.
- PI Application Development, AF SDK and related .NET technologies.
- Knowledge of Windows server hosting, windows desktop SOE environment, active directory access management, application SCCM packaging, group policy, remote desktop and virtualized environments.
- Exposure to industrial networks and process control domains in a process manufacturing environment including knowledge of purdue model, firewalls and network security protocols.
- Exposure to information security practices involved with critical plant historian systems.
It is highly desirable to have the following:
- Familiarity with the overarching ETL and ELT data engineering concepts and Industrial IOT (IIot) principles.
- Exposure to JIRA and ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Azure infrastructure for hosting, databases and networks across IAAS and PAAS services including streaming analytics services
- AI and Machine learning exposure e.g. for predictive asset maintenance.
- Understanding of source control management using Github or Bitbucket.
We offer a supportive and collaborative environment, focused on innovation and developing a team of valued, specialised and highly capable professionals. We offer above market superannuation, 25% discount on Fuel and our parental leave provisions are industry leading.
At Viva Energy Australia, we believe flexibility is the new normal. So much so that we have developed and embedded Viva Flex. We are open to all flexibility options from hybrid working, remote working, part time, job share options to name a few. We are happy to discuss what this would look like for you as you start the recruitment process.
Apply now via the links
Applications close 6th Oct 2022.
About the Company
Company: Viva Energy
Company Location: Docklands, VIC