Passenger Wheelchair Agent Job at United Service Companies in Honolulu, HI
The Passenger Wheelchair Agent is responsible for assisting and transporting passengers that need special assistance to and from their assigned gate or other airport destination in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Assists and transports passengers requiring wheelchair assistance to/from assigned gate.
- Safely lifts special needs passengers up/down stairs of aircraft and in/out of wheelchairs.
- In a timely manner, escorts unaccompanied minors to/from flights and/or to meet a receiving adult.
- Reads appropriate paperwork to identify name, flight information, date and special service request details to ensure special needs passengers are taken to the correct destination.
- Assists special needs passengers and unaccompanied minors in transporting and claiming personal belongings and baggage.
- Reads the airport monitors to determine arrival and departure information and arranges gate for incoming passengers who need special assistance.
- Greets and escorts passengers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Gathers wheelchairs in the concourse and returns them to the staging area for use.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum one-year experience in ramp service or related field
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to successfully complete Department of Aviation background screening process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Supervisor on Duty.
United Service Companies, Inc. and its various affiliated companies (collectively “USC”) is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. USC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered military service status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. USC further strictly prohibits retaliation against any person for reporting discrimination or harassment, or for participating in a discrimination or harassment investigation. Our policies apply to all aspects of the employment relationship, including without limitation recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline and termination
United Service Companies
About the Company
Company: United Service Companies
Company Location: Honolulu, HI