Passenger Service Agent (20/30/40 Hrs) Job at Menzies Aviation United Kingdom
People. Passion. Pride. This is what has driven our teams since 1833.
Since that time, we have developed to become a critical partner in the global aviation industry, delivering time-critical logistics services at 200 locations in over 37 countries, across six continents. But at the heart of our business is our people. If you are seeking a role with opportunities to learn and develop, this could be the beginning of an exciting journey.
Join team Menzies and launch your career in the exciting Aviation Sector where no two days are the same. At Menzies, we have big ambitions and we’re committed to developing our people through world class training and to provide them with a long-term career.
With a firm commitment to exceptional customer service and working to high performance standards, as a Customer Service Agent, you will be joining our team as a customer facing ambassador for our global Aviation partners. You will provide an excellent pre-flight experience, checking in and boarding passengers and processing their luggage and other items for travel.
At Menzies, safety is at the forefront of everything we do. You will be expected to adhere to our safe working practices, protecting the health, safety and security of yourself, colleagues and others at the forefront of everything you do.
Your key duties will be:
- Checking customers travel documentation together with relevant identification to ensure compliance with governing bodies.
- Check customers into airline systems adhering to policies and procedures. Issuing boarding passes and bag tags and identifying and processing dangerous goods.
- Collect excess baggage and any other ancillary revenue the airline generates through airline systems, ensuring Menzies cash handling process for card payments is adhered to.
- Board/marshal customers onto flights whilst complying with safety and security procedures.
- Ensure that check-in, bag drop and gates are open and closed on time to achieve on time performance.
- Selling and changing of tickets when required.
- General lounge functions of welcoming guests and dealing with passengers’ queries/upgrades.
- Answering passenger questions or queries in a confident and professional manner
- Assisting with disruption management
- Assisting with other aircraft turnaround activities as required.
As part of team Menzies, you will be fully trained and will have access to a wide range of learning and career development opportunities. A more detailed job description will be provided if you are offered a position.
Our business operates 24 hours a day 365 days of the year, so you will need to be prepared to be flexible in relation to times and days of work.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Diligent attention to detail
- Aptitude for working with a variety of information technology
- A full 5 year work/unemployment/education history
- Proof of Right To Work in the UK
- Full and valid UK Driving Licence or Valid Passport
- Criminal Record Check and Airside Security Clearance (we will assist in this process)
- Competitive salary and opportunities for overtime
- Comprehensive induction and training plan
- Company uniform
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Menzies for ME – offering discounts on cinema tickets, restaurant, lifestyle and more
- Career development opportunities in a global organisation
Menzies Aviation are a committed equal opportunity employer and encourage applications for suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, and maternity. We strive to create an inclusive working environment, where the different knowledge, perspectives, experiences, and approaches of our global workforce are represented. Where everyone feels valued and can reach their full potential.
Please be aware that as part of our recruitment process, we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role. Please let us know when making your application if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider.
The closing date for submissions is 10/10/2022
About the Company
Company: Menzies Aviation
Company Location: United Kingdom